Warrior Valve Adjustment - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Warrior Valve Adjustment

the previous owner of My warrior which is an 87 model says he never adjusted the valves on my warrior. There is a good bit of vibration at high rpm even though the motor pulls very well. The only engine mods i have made is an exhaust system. I am about to install a K&N air filter and rejet the carb. This probably dosent have anything to do with adjusting the valves. The thing i was wondering was with an engine this old that still runs this good, is their any reason to adjust the valves? Should i or should i just leave them be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 01:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Warrior Valve Adjustment

Hello there,
DOn't know much about your warrior but do know a litte something about these engines. I have 03 300ex. And on 4 strokes adjusting the vavles is very important.ANd if you want to save yourself alot of money learn how to do it yourself. And if the previous owner has not even touch the vavles it is a pretty good chance that there out of specs. It's not hard at to do vavle adjustment on these things.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 05:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a 2002 400ex that prob. needs it, how do you do it? is there an online tutorial somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 06:58 AM
tony1034

Check out this site. Great info with PICS. Just take your time and be careful.

http://www.exriders.com/tech/valves.shtml

Tony P.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

nice Link,
just he said keep it real safe and you whould be alright. Should only take less than hour of work and you notice a real difference if you have not done them in a while. If you don't feel confident with the link I suggested getting the manual for your 400ex and year and the same with the warrior. I prefer the factory manual over the claymer, it's your choice. BUt it has alot of information and covers evertyhing for you make and model.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 06:35 PM

i burnt one of my valves already, replaced that and checked others...althought the warrior's vavles will always tap, and vibrate at high rpm's there none for that, but with a good adjustment and maybe some new valves [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] she should be running nice
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Old Hand

Lol @ that. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Get them in adjustment and it will sound like any other 4 stroke. I wonder if 300ex riders can hear the valves (clattering)on my warrior when I shoot right by them.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:20 AM

Damm my warriors valves were to tight and my quad would not want to run when it was warm. It would only start if I caught it in gear. But when tried to start it with the elec no way! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:20 AM

Runs alot stronger now though. But still not enough to get away from the cops when I got stuck in reverse , That sucked! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 12:32 PM

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode