warrior 446 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 10:32 AM
cooper

warrior 446

Has anyone installed the 446 stroker kit on a warrior? I am thinking of doing this but I was wondering what I will need to change other than what is included with the kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Old Hand

Re: warrior 446

I've done every thing but a stroker crank and a different carborator. A stroker crank isn't going to show very big differences in power without a different cam, valve springs, exhaust. Was thinking about having a stroker crank put in my spare motor someday. If you do it let me know how it turns out, and what your total cost was.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 07:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe that requires boring of the cases. Yes, you will need carb, cam, exhaust, & valve springs to really notice the difference. also, some head work. Still, you have a very low tech engine with only 2 valves. Don't expect to smoke a 400EX , Z400, or even a Kasea Skyhaw 250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Old Hand

Lol @ Master Wrench. You obviously sell kasea's. I've read your posts in the atv youth forum. You seem to jump all over everyone who doesn't recommend anything but a kasea. I'm not an industry expert by any means, I'm just your average working class guy that enjoys riding all types of offroad machines. It just seems to me that you guys are trying to bully everyone who dissagrees with you. That won't work with me. My warrior is a tad faster then a 400ex. They always get me out of the hole but I can catch up and pass them through the gears. And one with a complete stroker kit and a carb would deffinantly be stronger then my machine. I've seen the kasea 90's at local motocross races and they where competetive against the other machines. I have never called them slow or crap. A built warrior with a stroker crank puts out over 30 ponies at the rear wheels, there is no way in hell a stock sky hawk is gonna be remotely near that number. So for the guy asking about the 446 kit. Go to www.powroll.com for actual pricing and dyno numbers on a stroker warrior. And write to mickey dunlop at 4 stroke tech, and the customer service at www.albaaction.com All of these guys will answer your questions. Master Wrench, you guys seem to come on here criticising all comparable bikes to the kaseas. Every bike has its +'s and -'s. And last time I checked the honda rebel 250's motor was anything but high tech. I'm sure all the kasea guys in the atv youth forum are going to be jumping all over me on this one. I'll gladly answer to all your replies. I'm not an unreasonable person by any means. Like I said I'm not a take your word for it type of guy either. I don't care who works for whom or who knows this guy and that guy. Show me some real proof, dyno #'s, pictures of drag races. And I don't fully trust dirtwheels or atv action either. Also why didn't you reply in the atv general forum? Is it because that one is viewed by more people? And your baisically making the statement that a kasea sky hawk 250 is better then a yamaha warrior and a honda 300ex? I'll deffinantly be looking forward to some explanations and hard proof. There are alot of 300ex and warrior owners that will be looking forward to this also. If you made that statement to Mickey Dunlap he would simply laugh in your face.

[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 09:12 PM

LOL! wont be faster than a skyhawk 250! thats funny! when the 250 first came out kasea was comparing it to the 250r on the MX track [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 06:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

now, wait a minute. I'm not slamming a Warrior. They are nice quads. I have several other bikes than Kasea. Kasea isn't always the best. But, it's usually the best value. 30 h.P. for a warrior is great. I'm just stating facts. The Warrior engine is late 70's/early 80's technology. The engine was not built to be a high performance race engine. It was made to be a low maintenance, reliable engine. The Kasea 250 is not a high tech motor either. And I'm not saying it's "better" than any other quad. I've never seen where Kasea compared it to a 250r. As far as your Warrior out running a 400EX, well, it must be the rider. I do have a Kasea 250 with a Big Gun exhaust & air box vent kit. I have raced a 300EX, 400EX, 250EX, stock Blaster, Warrior, 400 Prarie, Lakota, Mojave, & a Polaris Sportsman 700. All of these were races on pavement. The only one that beat me was the 400EX. The 300EX, Blaster, & Mojave got me off the line, but, as soon as I hit 3rd gear, the Kasea checked out. The Polaris 700 & I raced a short 175-200 ft. The rest was about 1/8 mile. I don't think the Kasea will blow the MX world apart. It would do well in Flat track/TT. The suspension needs attention as well. But for $2899 retail, nothing compares, value wise. I also own a YZ250, '74MX360, '79 YZ125 w/'79 IT175 engine, CR360 Husky, & an RM125. Quads? Timberwolf, Kasea Skyhawk 250, Kasea Skyhawk 90, Kasea Skyhawk 170.
I am primarily an engine builder w/26+ years of experience, former district 308 open expert MX champion, former national enduro & ISDT (yes, ISDT not ISDE) woods racer. I have only raced quads for 2 years. Results ? Check out the race pages at http://kaseamidsouth.tripod.com .
There are alot of nice quads on the market. If money is no object, I personally think the Suzuki Z400 is probably the best overall sport quad on the market. I still plan on racing the 2003 season. At 44 years old, I still gotta ride !! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Old Hand

Read my older stuff, my warrior is far from stock. And it's regeared, the only thing that is stock now is the lower end. Next time put some more explanation in your posts. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but saying even with those mods on your kasea, you will not be able to beat a built warrior. You would have to go in the motor like I did to my warrior, and raise the gearing, like I also did on my warrior. I have a ported head, kibble white valves ,valve springs, wb 440 lift cam 10.5 to 1 arias piston .020 over run an open airbox with a proflow, big gun complete exhaust. Rejeted the stock carb and installed a dyno jet kit. I run 14/40 gearing with 22 in rear tires. I'm not full of poo on the 400ex thing. A stroker warrior would smoke mine. It's not even remotely close to my modded banshee but its just as fast as my atc 350x, and even has more top end power then that does.

Its good that you still ride, not trying to be your enemy. Just need more info up front, and the whole story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode