need warrior mod help need to beat a z - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Performance ATV Mods Discussion of ATV Performance Modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Warrior00

need warrior mod help need to beat a z

k here it is guys i own a 2003 warrior and i love it i got it back in nov. and today was my firend bday and he got a suzuki z400 i know my warrior wont beat it and i want to know if it is possible to make a warrior beat a Z without doing any motor work to the warrior... so if i get a T-4 pipe or a supertrapp pipe..K&N filter/powerkit with outerwares... and go up to a 15 tooth front sproket do u think i would beat him? or what else do i need with out going intot he motor... tahnx in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 06:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: need warrior mod help need to beat a z

IMO no. I had a warrior with pipe, racing clutch, jeted, air box mods and other stuff to the moter of which i'm not sure what all it was. I know it was somehwat bored when we got it. And it could never keep up with my z400's. Although they are piped and headed i dont have my K&N yet and they aint fully broke in. They are fast, faster then i thought they would be. I think a warrior would need the big bore plus pipe and all the other goddies to keep up with a z400 imho. These z400's are wheelie machine's. Luv em. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] Although i think the warrior was better to climb with. hehe Least it held to the ground somewhat.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Warrior00

well this kid has no expirence on a sport quad and all he wants to do is go fast and be able to do a wheelie just liek everyone else.... but i think if i do get just a few mods now i can beat him off the line and i iwll be happy if i can do that and most likely i can beat him on a track... and in a few years the rappy will be in my garage or the new honda!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 06:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ONLY way is to dig into the engine.Keep in mind that he already has 50cc's on you.You also outweigh him by at least 75 lbs.probably closer to 100. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 06:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Best you can do is pipe/header/K&N/Jet/drill air box/gear it and find out. He will allways have somewhat of a edge but being a better rider can make all the diff some times. Well it sounds to me like you have a goal to go for. Hop to it. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] GL
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 08:22 PM

unless you go completly muts with the engine youre not going to beat any high performance quad
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nah just slap a turbo on that sucker and she'll fly... hehe [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 11:45 AM

team alba has a kit for the warrior its probably the best you could ever get out of it. I have rode one with the alba kit it kept up with stock 400 ex but the stk Z is already faster than the stk ex save your money and buy a different 4 wheeler ! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 12:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with the 2k you could spend in upgrades you could just sell the warrior and grab a z. I can personaly say you wont be dissapointed. I just got back from a nice 2 hour ride. I passed up getting raptors for these z's. And i dont regret it one bit. Cept i keep looking for that six gear that aint there. lol
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 01:48 PM

there was a dirt wheels article about how to mkae your warrio run with the "top dogs" if i find it and not to lazy ill take a pic of it, depends how much you want it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], other wise a nice NOS system works great [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode