Off Roading Forums banner

Adjustable Pipe Question

411 views 7 replies 1 participant last post by  98Warrior 
G
#1 ·
Hey, if I get one of those pipes that you can adjust for low end power or high end power by replacing discs do you have to readjust jets when you adjust the pipe? I know you have to rejet when you install the pipe, but if I change it from low end power to high end power by changing some discs do I have to rejet?

Thanks

G
#2 ·
In tuning the exhaust, it would depend on how may discs you're running now and also on how many you intend to remove or add. To tune for high end, more discs are added. To tune for mid or low end, discs are removed. In tuning for high end, it is usually necessary to re-jet to a fatter main jet, the size, again, depends on the number of discs you add.

G
#4 ·
No. it isn't the other way. Adding discs increases air flow which demands fatter jetting to provide more performance at higher ends of the band. Conversely, removing discs (to a specified number), reduces air flow alters the power band to a lower range.

G
#5 ·
I have a 2002 Warrior, I added the FMF MegaMax and a Pro-Design Proflo foam filter kit using the UNI 2-stage filter with 3rd stage prefilter... it runs AWESOME!! I used all the discs in the exhaust pack and required no rejetting. The Warrior runs rich from the factory so with this setup, there is no need to rejet. If you do want to rejet, FMF recommends (with a sealed airbox) changing the Main Jet from a 145 up to a 150 and leaving the Pilot Jet stock at 42.5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.