MOAB Cops - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

MOAB Cops

All of us have other jobs and enjoy 4 wheeling and building and rebuilding our vehicles. As we all know Moab has some of the best known 4X4 trails. When I'm not 4 wheeling, I'm driving a 99 Mack with a 48" flatbed. The police and the judge in Moab seem to hate trucks and truck drivers. I have been stopped and harassed three times in and around Moab in my big truck,falsly accused of speeding. When I went there with a group of Jeeps, I was fine till I had to show my license(CDL) with my credit card at the motel, the next morning the cop was sitting at the motel exit and stopped me as soon as I turned onto the highway. The cop tried his darndest to impound my Jeep, but short of breaking somthing himself he couldnt find anything wrong with it. I got a ticket for headlights out of adjustment and he said my tailights were too dim. -My headlights were fine and the tail lights were stock with new bulbs-
I guess you know I will NEVER EVER go back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 03:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: MOAB Cops

So you are saying because you showed your ID to some lady working the desk, you were singled out and a cop waited specificaly for you outside the motel, Because you have a cdl, to write you a ticket?? While I will agree the headlamp ticket is pretty pathetic I highly doubt that your story is consistant with the facts. Now if you told me that the cop drove through the lot saw a bunch of rough jeeps that appeared to be in need of repair and he sat down the road and waited for them to leave looking for violations, that I can believe. I don't agree with it but I would believe it.

It amazez me the whining and crying I hear from the "professional Driver element" it is always a conspiracy. Did you ever think that since you are a "professional" you may be held to the standard. I have heard this bad cop crap for the last 8 years both in court and out and the last one comes to mind. After 5 Min. of listining to the same type of crap about how I was laying in wait for some guy whom I had never met whom admitted he had never been in my jurisdiction I explained to the judge that the "professional" was driving 28 miles per hour over the posted 30 mph limit in a school zone at 3:05 PM on a school day with kids walking down the sidewalks he started explaining to the judge that he had 3 prior speeding tickets and the judge should not convict him because his kids depended on his check and he would likely be fired for this conviction..... Why do I have a hard time feeling sorry for that "professional"

Quit whining, stop speeding and as stupid as it may be adjust your headlamps..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I haven't heard anyone say anything positive about Moab, Utah police. They target out-of-staters for the most part. If you think about it, it's easy money.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 01:42 AM

Rio_Grande: Cops are conservative, they do that kind of stuff.

Stumblefoot: Sorry to hear you went through that crap. I guese maybe they have a problem with truck drivers and target them to keep the problem down.

Im only 24 and i've dealt enough with cops breaking the law to mess with people, to understand how it works.

Will I vote for em? No. But its just the duty of some of us to keep things in check.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:33 AM

OK Rio Grande, so your another one of those dumb A$$ Pigs. Lets see you were beaten up in High School and now you have a badge and a gun .......and I bet you think your tough , huh . $hit some one else.

Cops should be not wasting the tax payers money giving BS tickets like headlights needing adjustment. $hit someone else. Come on it must have been quota time. Why don't you people and I say that loosely, bust the Crackheads, Gandbangers and killers and leave us Tax Paying your salary 4 wheelers alone !!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK Rio Grande, so your another one of those dumb A$$ Pigs. Lets see you were beaten up in High School and now you have a badge and a gun .......and I bet you think your tough , huh . $hit some one else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you think you get thre right to go making assumptions like that about people you dont even know? If you would actualy read the posts around here and make a concious effort to contribute instead of just starting crap with EVERYONE, you would find the Rio is a good guy who knows his stuff and will do alot to help others out when in need. I have said it before and I will say it again, you my freind need to GROW UP
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 04:54 PM

well he's a cop , thats all that needs to be considered. Cops have the lets bust everyone for anything because its a power trip to them. I know several cops, that don't have that attitude, but as you read above, he obviously has the Bad Cop attitude.

as far as starting crap with everyone. YOU started bs with me first, I only retaliated. you need to figure that out yes you indeed started it. there have been several folks who have backed up what I'm saying as you being the instigator.

Face it , you were caught instigating and now your trying every post/topic to slash back at me who only replyed to you crap flung at me first.

It isn't gonna fly , so get over it and as you said in another attempt, that your done with me . Good now run along and don't come back, you not wanted with your instigating 2 1/2 yr attitude

Bye
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:26 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">As I stated on the IFS forum, the pointless bickering needs to end. It's bad enough I have to put up with it on the forums I directly control, I'd rather it not spread elsewhere on the site as well.

And coincidentally I have experienced good law enforcement officers and not so good ones. The downside to the police force is they're human, and subject to the problems and issues as people of every other profession. They probably should be held to a higher standard, and often are, but there are some that might happen to slip through the cracks. We had one officer in my town who would write people tickets for 1mph over. Luckily they got enough harassment complaints against him to where he had to drive a desk for a while, which seems to have calmed the situation back down. If you think you've been unfairly targeted and/or treated in an inappropriate way, get their badge number and have a word with one of the guy's superior officers. If enough people do that, and the claims aren't baseless, something will get done about it. Truth be told law enforcement looks to be a lousy job where one gets underpaid for the risk the officers face day in and day out.

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Ranting about it on an internet forum isn't going to help solve anything. Constructive things to do would be to address the city council, county officials, or whatever they have along with the police department, detailing exactly what happened, and a witness or two in your favor can't hurt. You need to make it beneficial for the politicians (local, etc) to want to stop the problem officers, and the usual way to coax a politician into action is find a legitimate threat to their income. </font>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Makes sense to me < I apologise for slanting the cop, Mr. Sandman
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No need to reply by the time I got to read this,,, Funny GTRider245 How just knowing someone a little can give you some valuable insight into them.

Well said sandman, sorry for the AH that makes us all look bad, Wrath you are probably right, they do make a bunch of money on out of staters Heck may be me in a couple years. Humthus It is obvious you do not know me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode