MOAB Cops - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 03:23 AM

Re: MOAB Cops

Interesting that you get more tickets.

Humthis: Work with wealthy democrats, they get off on giving free things [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Actualy I had recieved one ticket prior to being appointed, and have recived 2 in the 9 years since. I was just driving too fast on all occasions
post #23 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 AM

Well if Rio Grande is getting tickets, then he would have absolutely no reason to give lame tickets, It would be kinda like "the pot calling the kettle black" if he did.

Most of my clients are republicans, since I cater to Physicians, who most all are republicans. In my main business.

and my other, I deal with everykind of folk, being that is a detailing company, but they don't give me things for free, although they may want things for free from my company.
post #24 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Toyotaholic

about cops, i have a couple stories.

my frist ticket was really retarted. every day a cop parks infront of a jr high (im in highschool) and gets out of his un marked white suberban(sp) and radars people and pulls them over one after the other. im about 4 blocks down the road and pull out there's a blind corner im just infront of when i pull out my car (my truck was in the shop) and the car starts to lose power so i punch the gas because a huge truck was barreling down the road around the corner. about 3 blocks down the road i have gotten my car to 30 mph and the truck is right on my ass so i keep my speed at 30 intell i feel a safe distance is between myself and the truck behind me. at this point the cop shines his maglight at my windshield proceeds to have me pull over and rights me a ticket going 30 in a 20 school zone. when i tell him what had happend his awnser to me is Well isnt that too bad. i was very respectfull when i addressed the man with yes sir no sir and gave him all the information he asked for. 177$ ticket..ouch. now im going to go to court and try to fight it.

my 2nd cop experiance was in my truck and the darn thing died (i had a carb problem where it would die once warm) and i rolled through a stop sign and started my truck up and got pulled over there was NOBODY coming in either direction and the cop was 3 cars behind me when this happend. i was again respectfull and the cop let me off. and not just on the stop sign but on at least 4 other infractions 2 of which in the state of washington are huge, 1 was the seat belt law and 2 was having another person outside of family in the car with me when i havnt had my Liscence for 6 months. i dont know if it was me saying that i was just coming back from my fire fighting class or the guy is a great guy but he let me off scotch free to go about my business. so there are good cops and bad cops.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I think the school zone is the important part there. The police in the area I'm in have much less tolerance for speeding in a school zone or other particularly low speed limit areas.

I've been thinking and just recalled an incident where an officer tried to say I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. Was wearing a white shirt with a dark colored seatbelt, should've been pretty obvious the seatbelt was on (I always wear a seatbelt, unless off road or in a parking lot), but allegedly he saw me make a motion similar to putting on a seatbelt. To be honest I have no idea where he even came from to pull me over. He was fishing pretty heavily, and luckily for me I had a witness in the truck with me. After being a general *****, he "let me go" with a warning. If that were to happen today, I'd have a badge number and I'd be on the horn with his boss. Even after that experience I still don't look down upon all police, since for the most part my experiences with them have been positive, or at least not negative.</font>
post #26 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

So toyotaholic a cop is only a good cop if he lets you off???? I suspect there are people in the city council meeting every month that would disagree, maybee one of them lives near that school and has kids who walk to and from it. Sounds to me like you could save court cost's by pleeding guilty to that one, but you have the right to take it to a jury trial if you wish.

Like I said when I am wrong I admit it and pay the bill.

I would say a good cop is one who is respectfull but does his job.
post #27 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM

We have a school zone of 25 in a road 300 yards from the school and with fields all around. No blind spots. No ditches. No trees. And they write people tickets for 20+ over all day long.

The point is, when a cop does an extreme thing why do people defend him...

The regular speed limit is 45, so they nail people constantly for 20-25 over which destroys insurance and will often get someone dropped. That is going to far. And did I mention the text saying "school zone" is about 1 inch tall [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #28 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 07:05 PM

<font face="comic Sans MS">You can't choose just to disobey a law just because you don't agree with it and expect to be released from the penalty for breaking said law. "I don't believe in this law, so it doesn't apply to me, your honor" is not a valid defense. The best option would be to take it to the town council, city government, county road comission or whoever you can find in the area and ask for a study to see about changing the speed limit. There are rules in place for a reason. If the citizens don't care for the rules and can drum up enough support for changing them, there's a good chance they'll get changed, otherwise the options are either ignore the law and accept the consequences, or obey it and complain.</font>
post #29 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:03 PM

They did complain enough to change it. It wasnt protecting those kids at all. I hope the same happens to the stop lights all across america so I can stop sending stuff flying into my dash and risk getting run over.

I don't support laws just because they exist though, but I do realize that if anyone gets caught they have to deal with the consequences. Which sounds like what you're saying. After all, if all laws were right, then we would never need to change any [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #30 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:07 PM

Nothing and nobody on this earth is perfect. I have received 1 ticket in my life that was bogus. I took it to court and lost. It's not perfect, but that's the system.
When people call 911, they expect a cop to show up instantly. Ok, that's fair. What do you think they're doing while they are stationed all over town? What is the cost of having them ready at a moments notice? How would we afford these already underpaid officers without traffic tickets? Like I said, it's not perfect. If you've got an idea for a better system, I'm all ears. Meanwhile, I'll support the men and women that protect my family and what little I own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode