HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Mike Walker

HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

HI... I'm currently active on 5-6 ATV forums... & am considered pretty knowledgable with ATV's in general, but mine are all Kawi's... T-REX ( my racer ), is an '02 750cc Prairie, & the quad is competitive in every racing type of venue... my wife likes to do the less aggressive competitions as well ( like mud racing, & pulling )... we still have our Jeeps ( a 42 CJ - 2 A , & a totally custom 80 CJ-5 ), we currently only own my wifes 79 Camero, as far as cars go, everything else is a 4 X 4 truck... I used to drive my Jeep back & forth to work, & compete in every type of venue with that as well... but when ATV's really came on to the scene, there are more places to ride them locally than our trucks, so we're more into the ATV's now... I'm kinda known as the tire guy... I had 6-8 sets for the Jeeps to allow me to be competitive in all the different venues... now I actually have over 60' of tire rack full of ATV tires, so that I can keep 2 of them competitive... I'l look around & see what all ya have around here, & feel free to ask any questions... I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with...

[img]images/graemlins/yourock.gif[/img] ... cool smiley's too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1391855-Don\'tMessWithTheSecretWeapon.JPG (37.7 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 06:19 PM

Re: HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

Mike,

Welcome! What kind of events to you race the T-Rex in? I have been thinking about building a Suzuki King Quad for racing x-country / Grand Prix events. Do you think that is a bad idea with the IRS?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Mike Walker

Re: HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

I race every type I can... currently T-Rex has Mud Bog Raced, 2 WD Mud Drag Raced, Grass Drag Raced, Dirt Drag Raced, Asphalt drag Raced, Ice Drag Raced, Ice oval raced, Ice Figure 8 raced, Hare Scramble raced, Oval Flat Track Raced, Competed in ATV pulls... hmmm... I think thats it...maybe I missed something ???

IMO, once they get the durability issues addressed with the weight restricted IRS quads, the SRA's are going to have a hard time competing... but I think most ( the King included ) would be pretty spent up after a season of X country racing... also IMO, the big singles will have a harder time with the twins... ( I've heard of a guy thats ging to try the new 800 Polaris... he stripped a bunch of weight off it, & is going to try the circuit ??? I wish him well )but a glance at your sig... tells me you knew all that already... [img]images/graemlins/bow.gif[/img]

even my wife likes to beat the "boys" in the mid sized 4 X 4 class in the mud racing...( see attachment )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1391875-Sallyemmonsbog.JPG (57.1 KB, 63 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode