Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   The NOT-Off-Road Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/)
-   -   HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/205369-hey-new-guy-forum-but-not-new-guy.html)

Mike Walker 02-24-2005 05:53 PM

HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

1 Attachment(s)
HI... I'm currently active on 5-6 ATV forums... & am considered pretty knowledgable with ATV's in general, but mine are all Kawi's... T-REX ( my racer ), is an '02 750cc Prairie, & the quad is competitive in every racing type of venue... my wife likes to do the less aggressive competitions as well ( like mud racing, & pulling )... we still have our Jeeps ( a 42 CJ - 2 A , & a totally custom 80 CJ-5 ), we currently only own my wifes 79 Camero, as far as cars go, everything else is a 4 X 4 truck... I used to drive my Jeep back & forth to work, & compete in every type of venue with that as well... but when ATV's really came on to the scene, there are more places to ride them locally than our trucks, so we're more into the ATV's now... I'm kinda known as the tire guy... I had 6-8 sets for the Jeeps to allow me to be competitive in all the different venues... now I actually have over 60' of tire rack full of ATV tires, so that I can keep 2 of them competitive... I'l look around & see what all ya have around here, & feel free to ask any questions... I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with...

[img]images/graemlins/yourock.gif[/img] ... cool smiley's too

dwaters 02-24-2005 06:19 PM

Re: HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

Mike,

Welcome! What kind of events to you race the T-Rex in? I have been thinking about building a Suzuki King Quad for racing x-country / Grand Prix events. Do you think that is a bad idea with the IRS?

Mike Walker 02-24-2005 06:44 PM

Re: HEY... new guy to this forum... but not a new guy

1 Attachment(s)
I race every type I can... currently T-Rex has Mud Bog Raced, 2 WD Mud Drag Raced, Grass Drag Raced, Dirt Drag Raced, Asphalt drag Raced, Ice Drag Raced, Ice oval raced, Ice Figure 8 raced, Hare Scramble raced, Oval Flat Track Raced, Competed in ATV pulls... hmmm... I think thats it...maybe I missed something ???

IMO, once they get the durability issues addressed with the weight restricted IRS quads, the SRA's are going to have a hard time competing... but I think most ( the King included ) would be pretty spent up after a season of X country racing... also IMO, the big singles will have a harder time with the twins... ( I've heard of a guy thats ging to try the new 800 Polaris... he stripped a bunch of weight off it, & is going to try the circuit ??? I wish him well )but a glance at your sig... tells me you knew all that already... [img]images/graemlins/bow.gif[/img]

even my wife likes to beat the "boys" in the mid sized 4 X 4 class in the mud racing...( see attachment )