Why do the hurricanes effect gas prices out west? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Why do the hurricanes effect gas prices out west?

I would like it better if the oil companies just said gas prices are high because we raised them.

Out here in Nevada (California too), gas hasn't been below $2 per gallon in a long time. I think it was last year sometime. Now it is climbing again. I passed a few stations priced around $2.15 per gallon for regular. The reason I heard is refineries in the Gulf of Mexico are closed and damaged from the hurricanes.

California has its own refineries so why the hell would that matter here? Is the oil refined in the gulf, shipped out west and then refined again?

The answers are always different. I can't stop them but I would like to know why they are changing all the time.

Is the world oil dilemma so dicy that when an oil rig in Venezuela goes down for an afternoon, the world oil prices jump 5% to handle the decreased production? [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 06:48 PM

Re: Why do the hurricanes effect gas prices out west?

The gas prices out there raise because there is a greater demand on the gas. Since the refineries are shut down the refineries in the west have to try to produce more gas and ship it to the east, which raises your prices as well as ours.

As far as the thing with Venezuela, it's because the US get's the majority of it's oil from South America.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 02:37 AM
RCR_Dude

Re: Why do the hurricanes effect gas prices out we

Because the oil companies want more profit, any way
possible. We are all getting screwed.

Hooray for Peoria Illinios !
[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode