PC on 74 bronco please - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 06:04 AM
3Dbronco

PC on 74 bronco please

I'm soon to purchase a 1974 ford bronco that a neighbor of mine is selling. It is in what I would call pristine condition. 78k miles original owner. He says 50k of those were in the first 2 years. It has been kept under a cover in his garage for years. It was repainted about 20 years ago and the paint is in great condition. No dings or rust I could see. It has the original 302 engine and factory installed AC (which he says is quite rare). Appearently he had an 11 inch rear end as an option put on as well. The interior is all perfect and it drives very well with only a little noise from the tailgate window that I think I can easily eleminate. This truck was in his family and I can tell it's been babied. He wants 10k for it and I'm a little nervous to spend that kind of money, but I'm so in love lol.

What do you all think about this? I realize without pictures and this little info it may be tough to say. But if you have seen some deals like this come and go I'd love to hear about your experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: PC on 74 bronco please

It's probably a 9" rear axle, and yes it's very hard to say without pics... 10K seems a bit high but they do sell for curiously high prices on eBay, especially ones that are built up for wheelin. I'd never pay that much for a stock EB since I could build a nice one with all the ammenities for less, but it's your loot and if you're not planning to resell it then it doesn't matter how rare the AC is or how much anybody else thinks it's worth, ya dig? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

EDIT: I think he meant 11" rear brakes... that would make sense [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 01:47 PM
3Dbronco

Re: PC on 74 bronco please

Thanks for your reply. I doubt I can start doing a bunch of body mods on this thing since it's so original. I'm afraid I'd hurt the collector value of it. You're probably right about the rear end. He said people always disagreed with him about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode