need a good durable cell phone - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

need a good durable cell phone

i go through cell phones every year. ive gone through 4 already

all nokias,

my first phone was the best, it was one of nokia 5100 serios phones, sorry to say i ran that one over with forklift.

next one was another 5100 something nokia, what pile a junk now i have a i dont know what, it is a 2260, ive had this one for maybe 6 mnths and half the keys work.

I know i know the panasonic duramax, ive looked all over for one with no luck.

im lookin threw nokias list of phones now and not realy seeing anything that would compare to the duramax.

what should i look for , i hate getn a new phone every year

please help

Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
gmcstep

Re: need a good durable cell phone

Just get a phone with insurance on it.. i dont think there is a cell anywhere that could withstand being run over. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i have insurance and have had it for 4 years.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:23 PM

i had a nokia 6360 for my last phone and i loved it. internal antenna...worked way better than the piece of crap i have now. i dropped it from a car going 50mph and when i got back to it it worked fine...had one scuff in it but no cracks or anything. new faces for it are dirt ass cheap. if i had it to do over again, I"d go with one of tyhem. i dont do flip phones becasue they break and are too small for my fingers.

also the ringer is very loud on the 6360...vibrate will vibraqte you awake too.

so you migh want to check that model out.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 10:30 PM

The big question is what service you have. Many services only offer specific brands of phones. I have heard good thing about different models and even brands. I used to sell cell phones for both Sprint ( sucks ) and Nextel. As previously mentioned insurance is an option but it will cost you per month and usually a 35.00 deposit if you have a claim. If you are hard on phones, which it sounds like you are, it might be the best option.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i have the phone insurance, i called the insurance told them whats up and that my phone wasnt workin, yeah the it was gona cost me 30 bucks to get a new one, but the same one and thats all theyd do.

so i hung up when the lady was in mid sentence, i cant stand when you pay so much a month for something its no good to you unless you do it excatly thery way, so they won that one i guess.

i called AT&T and got new phone comeing, i hagled over discounts and this and that and paper work fees and shipping all in all the phone ended up payed for with no cash out of my pocket. ive been with them since 2001 so .

i didnt even have to sign a contract, kinda cool

its a nokia 3560 i dont know if its any better, but its cool cause its brand spaken new and dang near free.

if this one breaks ill do insurance claim, cause from what i found like you all said, there realy isnt a good phone for my lifestyle.

cept for the duramx.

Evan
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 11:39 PM
CJ7EMT

NOKIA [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img], theres your first problem. Those things just fall apart.

Get a Motorola, never had any problems with them, dropped, kicked, drowned, you name it.

right now i have a Nextel i530, damn tough phone.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

you could of told me that before i went and got this one. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 06:27 AM

Wow, you must sure be hard on those phones...keyriced..

I've had Motorolas, Nokias, Audiovox, etc, etc, etc,...and haven't had a problem yet, and I've dropped 'em daily, many times a day, the phone hits the floor, the battery goes flying....even taped up to be held together, they always still work just fine. We've got four cellphones at work, that we all use when travelling, and the brands vary, but they get abused, and everytime I drop one on the cement floor, I think thats it, its not gonna work, but it does.
As for the buttons wearing out, I've never seen that, but then again, I don't make 50 calls a day either. I stay away from all the "pretty" phones, the mini flip phones and such, sure they look nice on your belt, but the buttons are too damn tiny, and the phones are just too delicate.

Rem,
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 11:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

nextell by motorola makes contractor grade phones surrounded rubber coated. tested by dropping 50 feet or something.

theo/stuper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode