lil tx girl lost in the big bad truck world - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 04:25 PM
TXFRDChickie

lil tx girl lost in the big bad truck world

Ok guys, time for you to shine. I'm pretty new to the truck world. I have a 95 ford ranger xlt that i'm trying to fix up. Runs good and gettin a new paint job soon...but i need the rims and tires to go with. I have been told i have 14" rims right now, and i want to give my truck a raise without a lift kit and go wider for better control. i am at my max tire hight right now, so i have to go with a bigger rim right? so ....how do i get the 4x4 look? do i need to go up as high as a 17?...and i have no clue on tires either....HELP!!!! [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 01:05 PM

Re: lil tx girl lost in the big bad truck world

well, just increasing the size of your rims isnt going to give you any gain in ride height. all you'll do is put more metal in the wheel instead of rubber in the tire. but it might look cool and you can always go with a wider rim, or a rim with more off-set to push the tires out from the frame of the truck. you dont want to go too far with the offset because you will prematurely weear out front end parts. if you post this in the ford forum you'll have somne better responses. they know these trucks better than most of the people i nthe general forum
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 11:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: lil tx girl lost in the big bad truck world

I'm guessing here but I think that you will eventually want more than the 4X4 look. You will want the 4X4 after a while because you will want to go wheeling. So I would advise you to trade the Ranger now for something with 4 wheel drive to begin with before you invest money into the two wheel drive truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode