Where to go for spring break? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Where to go for spring break?

This is the last spring break I'll get (at least in the undergraduate level) and I wanted to do something to make it meaningful. I don't have a very big budget (<$200) and I also don't have a location to go to.

I was wondering if you guys could help me pick a nice spot in the Oklahoma area to spend my vacation. I'd like to stay as close as possible so that limits me to Northern Texas, all of Oklahoma, Western Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, and southern half of Kansas, and MAYBE even south eastern colorado.

Does anyone know of some really fun places in that region that I could go? I'm sure at least MuddyBronco must know of one or two. And it doesn't have to be offroad related either. I was thinking maybe Dallas, or Springfield Mo, but I just don't know. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 05:19 PM

Re: Where to go for spring break?

in that range, I'd head to the rockies and do some snowboarding. you might consider batton rouge or even vegas isnt that much farther. im heading to vegas $380 for flight and 5 nights in a hotel on the strip. vegas is a lot cheaper than people think....well aside from losing your soul gambling
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Mud in my Veins

Unless you have 4 or more people, gas and a motel room will zap $200 in a hurry. With that budget, I'd go camp out at the Norfork River and cook trout on the campfire every night, but that's me [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Can't Get Enough

Last summer we camped at McGee Creek state park, in the southeast section of the state. There is a nice lake for fishing or water recreation, etc...
This past Christmas we stayed overnight near Lake Texoma. It seemed like a nice area, but we didn't have a lot of extra time to fool around.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2004, 10:48 PM

I know it isn't northern Texas but you always have south Padre Island or Corpus Christi....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2004, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

All real good suggestions. I think padre is a little out of range though. I wouldn't be able to do anything in vegas either, I turn 21 in May.

I have a family plot at a local lake. I was thinking about going there, but the problem is that it ain't summer yet, and from past experience there ain't nothing to do there besides get in the water. I then thought of maybe grand lake (disney is near there), or lake tenkiller, or maybe keystone lake. I'll have to look into texoma and the state park and the other places. They might be some pretty cool places too.

I guess I better hurry up and pick a spot though, I've got less than 2 weeks. I let 'cha know what I decide. (But keep the ideas coming)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, you could definitely go fishing on Grand Lake then go below the dam and check out the badass crawling going on [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] There are campsites (and motels/cabins) all over that place (try Hogan's first), and there might even be an event going on during one of the weekends. It's fun to drive around on the rocks and watch everybody else tear their stuff up on the obstacles, you can even take a 2wd on most of the main paths if you're careful. I imagine the weather will be awesome by then, so I'm sure everybody will get spring fever and head for the rocks, at least on the weekends. I've never fished Grand Lake, but surely the Striper over there will be going nuts within the next month.

Here's a little info on that area if you're considering it:
http://www.extreme4wheelin.com/langley_disney.htm
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks muddy, that's a pretty good site. That might be where I decide going because I've heard nothing but good things about it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The 3 hottest spots, where a male is likely to score and or vice versa, Ft. Lauderdale Fl., Panama City Fl., Palm Springs Ca. Any place else and you ain't expierenced spring break, you'll of only taken a spring break [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

while you make a good point, my fiance may have a problem with that. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Of course, I'll have to see about going now. I busted a couple of rims this weekend (railroad tie vs 75mph = damage) and I'll have to see how much money is left over if/when I get them fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode