NA Beer :( - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

NA Beer :(

Ok, so i'm on an official break from drinking. I'm underage, and had a bad experience this last october, and have done a good job staying sober so far.

Problem is im really a beer fan. So i've started to drink a good amount of NA beer. So far, its been mostly "Old Milwaukee", which doesn't taste too bad.

Anyone else out there have any other reccomendations? Im curious to see if any of the other NA's are any good. But then again, im probably just going to buy the cheapest i can, because who the hell buys expensive NA Beer?

So any suggestions?
Who all makes NA? I know odouls, i think coors does, and this stuff i've got. Thats all ive seen....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 09:01 PM

Re: NA Beer :(

Here's a wierd suggestion....Just get some apple juice and gingerale. Mix those two together (start with the gingerale and start adding apple juice to taste) and it'll taste a lot (if not exactly like) near-beer. That should be cheaper than buying packs of NA beer.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Haha, really? I think the concept grosses me out.......

I just love crackin open a can of beer. The taste, the smell, everything. I think im a non-alcoholic [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

On sale i can get 2 12's for $9 though, so its not too bad.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 10:37 PM

No kidding! From what I can tell, that combination tastes just like beer, but I'm not a beer drinker so it may taste totally different to others.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Did you get caught?
When I was went to hawaii and then moved to fla i was lil drunko myself!... thats been 3 years and after the last time i got drunk mixed to much, got sick and almost caught the house on fire i quit! lol
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Well, yah, i got caught.

Long story short i ate about 1/2 tub of redvines before i drank way too much Jose Cuervo, and when i passed out and yaked people around me thought it was blood. So i spent the night in the ER and had to tell my parents and now they know i was drinking and had to pay bills and in general all bad!

But its pretty funny looking back......
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 12:17 PM

You realize that drinking near beer is just as illegal for you don't you. Near beer still has a slight amount of alcohol in it. Something like .2%, which means that it is illegal for cunsumption, or purchase by minors. As far as near beer taste goes, I can't stand any of it that I have tried. Just give me a cold Coors Original, or Budweiser, and I'll be happy.

I personally don't believe in the drinking age laws, and have ignored them repeatedly in the past. Something just doesn't seem right when you are legally an adult in every way, except if you want a drink. [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]

I feel if a person is mature enough to help elect our leaders, be tried as an adult in criminal cases, and sign up or be drafted into our military, then they are mature enough to drink.

I only got caught once, in Wisonsin, and it cost me $100. The cop was really cool though since he pulled me over for my tailights being out and I blew a 0.04%. He said since I was truthful about everything he would just give me a consumption ticket, as long as I didn't drive away. So I called a tow truck and went back to my hotel and finished getting wasted. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Wow, .04 and u didn't get a DUI? You REALLY lucked out.

But uh, you're wrong about the consumption of NA beer. Yeah, its 0.05% alcohol, but minors can purchase it. Ive purchased it a few times, and was only asked for ID once when someone thought it was real beer. And you know how many you'd have to drink to get 0.01 BAL?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I personally like O'Doell's (spelling) the near beer made by Budwiser. I think that it tastes the best of all of the near beers.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 04:50 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

That is kinda funny DHComp!!! Ya when you're older you will be able sit back and laugh at that, including your parents... I think drinking age laws are kinda good since most kids don't listen that means there would be more DUI's... But its funny if your 18, you fly a fighter jet, drive a tank and drop warheads and etc and get married, but your not old enough to DRINK BEER! Very uhh weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode