The truth about our legacy - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The truth about our legacy

Here is a link that was sent to me that I found rather disturbing. It's really to bad that there are so many in this world that are hell bent on destroying this wonderful planet and all life on it. Makes me wish I had never had children ------> hope you got a strong stomach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: The truth about our legacy

It's not even 1/10th as bad as they make it sound.

The bullets don't catch on fire as they go through the air.

They shear on impact, they are self-sharpening--this is why they go through armor.

They aren't nearly as toxic as they make them sound. Leaded gasoline in those countries and high mercury coal cause more cancer than uranium poisoning.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Whatever. I didn't know you were the resident expert on depleted uranium munitions. Care to fill everybody in on your years of expierence with them. Or the years of military service you have that gave you said expierence. Or are you just talking out your ass, again.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 06:30 AM

Its really just a silly video that doesn't mean much of anything,
Just like TV news proaganda...
Aren't we talkin' about missles and bombs here? What would you like to put in them? Peanut butter?
Its very easy to make a video and claim whatever the heck you want on it.
The world is a trash can, some places in the trash can are cleaner than others.
Next.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

You obviously didn't get the point. The munitions could be standard weapons and would do the job just fine. There is no real reason to be spreading nuclear waste around the world no matter who it's killing in the imediate term. It's the long term effects are what bother me. Yes anybody can make a flash animation and add some cool music, but do some research and you will find that most, if not all, of the facts are true to a high degree. I hate to clue you in on the point here, but it affects the WHOLE world in the long run. But I suppose living up in nowhere novascotia has blinded you to that fact. Course, if the government wanted to start dumping that $hit in your back yard I bet you would squeal like a stuck pig.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 09:31 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But I suppose living up in nowhere novascotia has blinded you to that fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

he he he he,
Now this is too funny, some hayseed from North Dakota is calling Nova Scotia 'nowhere'? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I've been to North Dakota pal, have you ever been to Nova Scotia?
OK, I see your point then, and no, of course I wouldn't want DU dumped in my back yard, but as wrath mentioned above, there is other sh!t in the world that ain't helpin us much either...
I've been to a couple of these countries that are still using leaded gas.....it ain't nice.
I could start rhyming of all the local pulp mills, steel mills, factories and plants, etc, that barf tons of waste into the air and land....
Want me to make a video for you, so its easier to understand?

*yawn*.....can we move on to something else now? Or wait a second, maybe we'll continue to spread the good word here on the BBS, and all the bad things on earth will go away.
Why would you even bring up this topic here in the first place?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Why don't you try doing some research using your own two eyes to read? Or do you need everything to be in a flash animation so you can understand it?

The site holding that information is biased beyond belief and a great propaganda machine. It's the same as the "iraqbodycount" site which people within the organization has claimed that they count ALL iraqis killed, not just ones that are killed by the alliance.

Now if you enjoy being a sheeple and listening to everything that rogue media tells you, then by all means go ahead.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

YOU obviously don't understand what armor piercing rounds are for. The US isn't the only one using them. The resistance enjoys using armor piercing RPGs.

Armor piercing ammunition is something that is needed. Nothing works nearly as good as depleted uranium for armor piercing. Nothing shears like it does and self-sharpens to the degree it does.

If you wish to be a soldier getting shot at by goons behind 3" of steal in your HMMVE using a .50 caliber with plain full metal jacket rounds then please sign up.

The uranium they use isn't nearly as toxic as they make it sound. Ask them how much mercury these third world nations put out by burning crappy coal. Find out where those pictures came from, most of them are from Chernobyl or from the Nagasaki nightmare.

Sure, it's a bad thing. But it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Your line of reasoning is the same as the SUV haters saying SUVs cause cancer.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Why would you even bring up this topic here in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you read at the top here, it says OPEN TOPIC GENERAL CHIT CHAT
I do believe that gives me as much right to post this as you have right to post "Who wants a t-shirt" or "To upgrade, or not to upgrade" or "BOO".
Yes I live in the huge state but poorly poulated North Dakota, that dosn't mean I don't try to keep up on the world in general and just for your info I live in the largest city in this state and it is by far not a little peek and plumb town. Yes, I have been to Nova Scotia. I've been to many places in this world. And yes there are lots of things in this world that are bad for it, I was merely pointing out one, you don't like it, take advantage of your right not to view it. Please do make a video, a song, or whatever else floats your boat, about whatever you feel is harming our world and maybe you might be able to change it some instead of standing by watching it go to $hit [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
As far as spreading the good word, YES,I will continue to do what I feel I must, but thank you for your input anyway. Hope the weather is nice up your way.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

To bad you are such a wasto of air. You have NO clue. You are a moron and you can believe what you want but don't come knocking my post because you THINK you are someone, whatever happened to you not wanting to stick around here because the "There hasn't been an incentive to stick around lately except for a few choice people and these popups are a deterrent." yet you keep poping up like a bad pop up program yourself. You demonstrated what a loser you really are back in this thread wrath is an IMBECILE thread so mister IMBECILE why don't you go somewhere else and quit trying to talk $hit in my thread. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] Get a life little boy or I might come and [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] your ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode