cops in the wrong??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

cops in the wrong???

Okay so we have an 300 plus guy on pcp,coke,meth, and a few more drugs with an enlarged heart. The first on scene are two white cops. they try to get the guy to follow thier orders. he yells rascial slurs like redneck,white man,etc. then he puts up a fight. they use thier sticks to try to gain control of the man and he keeps trying to fight. what do you all think of this? Were the cops in the right. I am a cop and I must say that If i am to the level of beating someone with my batoon and they do not stop fighting that is a sign to me that this guy is going to try and kill me. If getting his ass beat doesn't stop him from trying then i feel he would never stop and try to take my life. I have been in a few of those times and thank god the guys were only like 160 pds or else we might of not gained control of. Then they have to throw out the white on black thing. I am so sick and tired of this BULLSH!T!!!!!!!!! give me a FUC!!!!! break. THe black leaders always try and do this. why?? because it gives them the power! If they said oh it was the right call by the white police and there is nothing we should do then all his sheep would wounder off, but if he throws out the white man thing then he gains all this power and all the peole are behind him. And it makes me sick because to me they are turning Martin Luther Kings dream into a nightmare. I think if he was still with us he would be sick to his stomach to know what he fought so hard for has turned into this. redtoy92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 09:52 AM

Re: cops in the wrong???

Yeah, when I first heard of this incident, I was like "Oh no, when are those arrogant, racial cops gonna learn?" Of course, that was just on the promos for the news. They only showed the part of the guy on the ground and the cops beating him. Then I get to the news and see the whole story, and I completely agree that the cops were in the right here. And I don't get why everytime it has something to do with the 2 races together, I always hear the black community speak up against racism (of course I know its prolly just a noisy minority of the black community emphasized by the media). As far as I'm concerned, discrimination is almost gone in my neck of the woods. What little discrimination I see is equal to both sides (against blacks, and against whites).

No offense to any cops, but from what I've seen of police beatings, I feel its more of a big man picking on the little man type thing than a white man picking on the black man. I know several cops that have this attitude that they wield all power and they are above the law.

BUT all of this is my personal observations and opinions. I guess I just have a problem with authority [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

OK, so you are a cop, which like it or not and no matter what you say, biasis you. The problem with your statements are easy enough to see, you like POWER. You have a gun and a badge and when you are dealing with the average citizen you want to feel YOU are in CONTROL and that you have the POWER. You try to shift the focus of your post by saying that the "black leaders" are trying to use this to get POWER, but the fact is you are scared of losing your POWER because some of your brethren screwed up. I generally don't have a problem with most things you post, but must admit this one really bothers me. No human, NO I change that, NO CREATURE on the face of this earth deserves to be beat to death by an overwhelming number of cops. There is NO excuse for what they did, not in todays technologicaly advanced world where they have much better ways of controlling a situation. Anyone who agrees with this type of barbarism is no better than the animals who did it. When the law enforcment officials, IF law enforcment officials ever learn this, they will find that the people will start to give them some respect and help them rather than fight them. But as I see it, they will never learn, they think they will have POWER and control by beating people and lieing and any other number of crimes that they are suposed to be preventing, and when they get their dicks in a wringer they all stand up behind each other and proclaim they were in the right and that they need more POWER. Personaly I think all of them should go to prison. When you become an officer of the law you are sworn to protect and serve and UPHOLD the law, not beet and enslave and bend the law to suit your needs. Watching that on TV reminded me of some footage from Germany back in the late 30's and 40's. Do you have your black boots polished up and your little SS stars shined? [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
As to anyone who believes what they see on the BOOB toob, grow up, telivision news in ANY country is nothing morre than government controlled propaganda. Garbage not fit to wipe my a$$ with. The truth ever really came out about alot of the crap going on in this world and everything would turn into TOTAL ANARCHY because the people would not stand for all this crap anymore. Thats why the news is a big whitewash.
One last note of thought, no offense to anycops, I wouldn't wanna get beat to death by ten on the corner for saying it, but it is awful strange that to be a cop you have to take tests that, if you score to highly on, they do not hire you. HMMMMMMM, let's see, I want someone to work for me and will obey like a common dog, I know, I will hire lesser intelligent people who won't THINK like a human but will only act as I tell them [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I am done return ranting so now I have slipped my fire retardant suit on. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 04:09 PM

Ummm, Ok, so I haven't read the paper the last few days....
can one of you put up a link to an article on this?
Just curious, cause I have no idea what happened.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Krabysniper,
First of all, I am not a person who loves power. I am a Airman in the United States Air Force who works in Security Forces. The only people who have power in the military are the officers (majors, colonels, and generals) and even they have to answer to someone. I don't know why people think cops have all of this power. If there is one job where people constantly second-guess and critize, it would be in the law enforcement job market. Cops are always under the microscope. They have to make split second decisions that could result in life and death to themselves or others. And the second-guessers and "arm-chair cops" have days, months, even years to tear apart their decisions. People always complain about police brutality until they need a cop, and then the cop can't show up fast enough. And if you look at today's society, it is almost as if the cops were the criminals. They are held to a higher standard than what the people that they have to apprehend are. Their side of the story is never told, and they are always guilty until proven innocent. What is wrong with this picture?
Krabysniper, you mentioned that cops should treat people with respect and maybe they would be shown some respect in return. I agree with that statement, to a point. In this case, right off the bat, the suspect was using racial slurs and signs of resistance and noncompliance. If anyone talked to you that way, or members of your family, wouldn't you take a defensive posture? Cops are just like everyone else, they like to be treated with dignity and respect. Were the cops in this situation treated with respect by the suspect? From all reports given, it doesn't look like it.
Another point that I would like to stress here is the so-called "racial angle" of this incident. What people have to understand is sometimes white officers are going to have to apprehend black subjects, and vice-versa. Does this mean that everytime there is a crime committed by a certain race, color, or creed, that a person of that race, color, or creed has to be the one to apprehend that said person? Come on! The point that I am trying to make here is that certain black leaders are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You comparedmy job to Nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's. You compared my line of work to the SS and Adolf Hitler. Well, these leaders are doing the same thing that Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany did by not telling the whole story. They act like minorities are totally incapable of committing crimes. And they also portray cops as low-rent redneck KKK members who are just out for the old Saturday Night Lynching. This view of their's is far from the truth. First of all, their are blacks who do committ crimes. Second of all, what these leaders failed to mention is that 2 of the officers that responded to this incident were black. Why is that never mentioned in their statements? Think about it.
Krabysniper, I want you to look at this statement of mine with a open mind. You have to put yourself in both sides of the arguement before you pass judgement. I am by no means advocating police brutality. I am not saying that cops are always right and you are wrong. I am just trying to show you that only one side of the story was told here. Both sides should be heard before anyone should pass judgement on anybody. It sounds like to me that one to many cops have pissed you off in the past. To be honest i Don't like cops that much! I have had my fair share of run ins and tickets. They do want a dog to follow orders! that is why I don't like the military and will be getting out in a year and a half. The TV is a bucnh of sh!t. YOu can't take what it says and make a full storey out of it. I hope this gets you out or your one tracked idea on this post!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

rant on" THIS IS THE COMMON PERSONS REPLY

Dude was a pretty big boy. I have seen what large folks can do when they are "not normal".
Hell I have seen a 165lb whip take on three of our city's finest and dealt them all a little lesson. This dude was huge, it would take a few dudes to take him down,specially if he didn't want to go down in the first place!

As far as beating on him, well I figure you do what you got to do, and in tight quarters how many of those hits you see actually hit home? and how many landed on other cops? What sort of hits did the cops take? Did they ask them? And what part did all the chemicals running through the dude play? I haven't kept up on the story and don't know the results but regardless!

Black or white, red or green, who cares! You take on authority in this sort of scenario, you are not going to come up on the right side.

Where is the respect for the cop's? I'm not a big fan of the justice system, personally I think it's all Fawked!

But hey, when I deal with em I find it's a hell of a lot better to be nice and do what they ask rather than fight or argue. I have done both and know which one is a hell of alot easier and usually better in the long run.
They asked him to get down many times, dude didn't! I'm sure we wouldn't have even heard about it if he had!

These guys (the cops) are only doing a JOB for fawk sakes! I'm sure most have us have felt better that they are there where we need em! Or they are on thier way to help us out of a situation!

Sure I hate it when they catch me doing something wrong, but be a friggin man and except the fact you blew it and got caught! Deal with it princess!

I don't see this as a black or white thing nor as a police brutality thing. Dude got wasted, had a problem dealing with what ever started this whole mess, and then proceeded to really screw himself by taking on the feds! ****ty deal dude died but, I'm thinking it was going to happen sooner or later.

What if he'd a pulled this [bleep] in diffrent scene, say with a bunch of bikers, or a gang, say he pissed of somebody there, or started creating a disturbance they didn't want, do you think they would put up with that sort of [bleep] in their club house? Not friggin likely! And I know we would never hear anything about it!

I also agree with the shoot him thing, wing the S.O.B.! If he get's up after that wing him again! Eventually he will stay down and then you can deal with him. Keeps you off the TV that way! LOL

That's my

"rant Off"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 06:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OK, a little more detail always helps. You didn't state that you were just an MP. It does make a diffence, I was in the service too, so I know where you are coming from. to the statements regarding law enforcment "They are held to a higher standard than what the people that they have to apprehend are." YES, and well they should be or you get abuse of power. I understand that they have to make split second decisions but in most instances that I have reviewed they tend to go off the deep end and way overboard. Whether this is due to training or an unspoken rule amongst law enforcement, I do not know, but it must change and soon or this country will see turmoil like never before because people are getting tired of it. As to making racial slurs and other obscene or rude comments, that should not make any diferance to a police officer. You cannot tell me that this was the very first time they ever had some one call them names. I agree with you fully that there are plenty out there trying to use this as a means to a greater end and that we, the general public, only get the snipits that they want us to see, but as I said before telivision news is nothing more than propaganda. You made the statement that cops are "always guilty until proven innocent", hmmmm, when was the last time a cop spent 6 months in a cell eating $hit food be mistreated by other criminal elements with no privacy waiting to prove his innocence? Never. Oh occasionaly they get a few days without pay until their buddy higher ups can figure a way to whitewash everything or else they get hung out to dry as a lone wolf acting on his own whims and that that is not the average cop on the beat. The average citizen has a dispute and they lock them up, cost them their jobs, cause them public disgrace, etc.etc. all while they wait to prove they are innocent. And after all is said and done, if they prove they are innocent, they are still screwed because that part generally doesn't make the headlines. Yes, I do not like law enforcment of any kind, I believe they are generaly the biggest criminals in this country, they just hide it behind a badge and a claim to be working for the public good. I believe in the law of the old west, you F wit me, I blow your head off or vice versa. Quick simple and no public tax dollars wasted.
I don't believe that this was a racial incident, never said so and I agree with you that it shouldn't be made into one. When I responded to your post originaly today, I had not actually seen the footage of the incident, only a newspaper picture with the headline that ten cops beat a man to death. After seeing a clip on the news I would say that for the moment of the clip that I saw they were trying not to let this become another Rodney King. Now if it turns out that he died from heart failure and that it wasn't a direct result of ANY strikes from the officers in question, I would say that exonerates them of wrong doing.
As I have said before, I generaly agree with a lot of things that you post, and after reviewing the facts, I see your points and have to agree with some of it. None the less I still stand by any and all statements I made regarding the law enforcment community, buncha caffine and sugar junkies running around with guns and badges proclaiming to be someone important, can't really say how I feel fully because they (the mods) would censor the he11 out of what I really think. One last thing, I wasn't passing judgement on you or any one, just putting my opinion out there for all to contemplate. I am not always righ, but am always willing to say what I think and feel and let others figure it out for themselves [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 06:52 PM
SierraTaco

[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Man, are you out of touch. What would you have done? If the officers had a taser or some other form of restraint like that it should have been used. But did they have it available at the time? I don't know. Do you?
The bottom line is that the folks living in the inner cities are so out of control and so wacked out that they think they are above the law. They blame all their problems on the government and authority. And when they get out of line and phsically resist arrest or authority they expect nothing to happen to them. They deserve all the beatings they get. They shoot at police whenever they want and do insane things like that everyday. And then they yell and scream when they get beat up for resisting arrest. Come on, get real. THESE ARE WILD AND UNCIVILIZED PEOPLE and police are doing their job the best they can.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Can't Get Enough

The cops were right; they did what they had to do. In my mind, the guy gave up his civil rights by being high on drugs, and disobeying the police.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode