So Cal Fires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

So Cal Fires

Anyone in that mess or know anyone dealing with the fires? I grew up in Escondido and my folks told me school had been out all week, their is ash all over their cars, and it smells like a big barbeque(without the steaks). The sky is orange at night there. All of these photos are of fires within 5-7 miles of my parents home. You can find more pictures here: the san diego channel
this is ash

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 09:15 AM

Re: So Cal Fires

I was wondering the same thing....Have some family out there but North of LA so I am sure they are not in the mix of anything......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:09 AM
Mud in my Veins

Heard what's going on in Juliene lately? I heard that little town out further east of Juliene (Julien?) got torched. The one with the funny Espanol name? Escapes my mind at the moment.

Saw a picture the other day of fire fighters and other people in Juliene staging there. You could see that Mom's Apple Pie place there. Just felt kinda weird, I've been there before and it might all just go up in flames.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 10:32 AM

I don't normally care about what happens in California, but since I almost lost my house to a wildfire in August and I had to fight the damn thing too as a part-time firefighter, I cringe when I see the damage that's happening down there.

Maybe you all just need some Canadian weather right now - it was -20C when I got up this morning [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

it is spelled Julian. the other one you are talking about might be Ramomna or Cyuamacca(kwi-a-mak-ka). Cyuamacca is gone. all of it. Ramona is next to escondido nd has had many losses of homes.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

Cyuamacca, that's the one I was thinking of. I went out there once with my buddy when he first got his Bronco, just to check it out. Nice place. Sad to hear it's all gone.

I figured it must be around Ramona. Those waterbombers based in Ramona must be busy.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 08:12 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Maybe you all just need some Canadian weather right now - it was -20C when I got up this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

-20*C already......see, thats the part of western Canada that I don't miss...., we haven't broken zero yet. Still goes up into the high teens during the day, so no complaints yet.
I heard Calgary is getting snow already.....wow! I hate the snow so much, I'd rather keep getting hurricanes [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

On the SoCal fires, that certainly does suck, I've seen a lot of these folks on the news, and to see somebody crying because they lost their home is really sad......I can't even imagine what its like.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode