BORED - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

BORED

i started working night shift again and man it is dead here! if anyone is on i will be here sitting bored! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 09:38 AM

Re: BORED

Things are really slow across the couple of boards I visit. It is just that time of the year I guess.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 03:45 PM

graveyard shifts are tough .. I have been pulling them trying to get ready for my trip to Moab .... man I am tired .. lol
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 06:46 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Straight night shifts would be easy... I work 3-2-2 swingshift, 730-1930, or 1930-730, switches every time i go back... Interesting stuff, but it can lead to being tired for about a day afterwards... I've gotten to where I prefer weekend and night shifts to days... </font>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:11 AM

I love working nights.I havent had to use an alarm clock for about three years!!! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 02:58 PM

I also work the swings and mids. I work from 2 pm to 10pm for three days then work 10pm to 6am for the next three. and on the 24 hour period i am in training from 8am to 3pm(they don't want to come into work at night so we train on the trainers times). So I have one crazy time knowing when to sleep. redtoy92
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 05:56 AM

i worked graveyard for a couple of years and i got pretty used to it but it was hard on the family life . i was always sleeping when they were around and i missed out on a lot of things.. i work 4 tens now and love it ... i start work at 5:00 am and work till 3:30 pm , thursday through sunday... i get my days off when there arent as many "pavement monkees" running about ....Von Warner
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 01:52 PM

Baron: I am with you. I used to work 16 hour shifts. 4pm till 8am. Worked one day off the next 1 1/2. Kind of like the A,B,C fire shifts. It was great for a while but then missed alot of "family time".

It was nice because I had almost every day to myself.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Yep another night but today had no sleep I was home and working on the farm chopping corn and filling the silos so I am going on about 3 hours of sleep tonight but it will make really well for a full days sleep this morning. That is the hard part going from nights out here in Jersey then go home for the weekend to work at home on a day shift schedule and then back to nights . Oh well it makes things a little more intresting . My buddys will laugh every morning when the call me and see what I am doing on there way to work. It is my night time then so I am eating a steak and drinking a few beers at 8:00 in the am they get a kick out of it. Just because the work time changes dosen't mean the habits have to ! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Veteran

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It is my night time then so I am eating a steak and drinking a few beers at 8:00 in the am

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother!!!

I work 12 hour shifts (5pm - 5am) 3 nights one week, 4 nights the next. The neighbors just wave now when I'm watering the lawn and grilling at 7 am with an ice cold beer in hand and they're headed for rush hour traffic [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode