nextel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

nextel

i just purchased a nextel today. eveyrone in my near family or friends have em so i just joined up too. i'm dumping att cuz i've been having problems. anyone have opinions regarding nextels? i'll be using the "I 60"

theo/stuper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: nextel

well stuper.....i just went from the i1000+ to the i88 and i still love nextel. sure there are dead spots but oh well. youll enjoy it

my gf has the i60
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 08:32 AM

I have the I 60 also and i love the thing . My friends and family also have the nextels I think I have almost 200 direct connect numbers. Good luck with the thing. hey stup next time you decide to go wheeling around the good old keystone state get my 2 way # [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 01:10 PM

Guess I will be the first negative. I think they suck. Dont worry they will get you. I had one through work, and a personel one. My better half had hers cloned in California $1200 in charges and they wouldnt do anything about it. Even after her phone was turned off for a month calls kept showing up on the bill, no action by them besides to hold me liable. Then the early termination charge. I had no choice but to have the phone disconnected. I had to drop em. Now that verizon has the direct connect feature, I dont see how nextel will compete.
Theyre great for business stuff, but for a personel phone, I would go another route.

Kamazuki [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

how can nextel compete with verizon?????

well maybe because everyone already has nextel and no one wants the early termination fee.....oh and if you switch you cant 2-way all the people in your phone unless you comvince all of them to switch too.....plus this will only reduce nextels prices [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thats how......atleast i figure
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 07:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey yoat i don't know which numbers i need yet, phone just arrived, but send me ur numbers and perhaps we could hook up

theo/stuper
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 10:38 PM

I know down here in Ga in alot of places you're better off using 2 cups and a string with Nextel's service,but theyre getting better.I know with Cingular and Verizon I can get signal almost anywhere.
Maybe this is somewhat of a rant,but am I the only one that 2 way bothers?I mean,really-like I want to hear a conversation between the phone and the user while I'm grocery shopping or some other forced duty from the wife.I know you get unlimited 2 way or something with some plans,but honestly It can get kinda annoying in public with all the "Rambling"back and forth.
Sorry-most of my friends have Nextel,so I had to vent. [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 07:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree. i dont plan on the speaker phone often. i can still use it like a regular phone just dong the 2 way thing.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 09:24 AM

No matter what phone or plan you have, there is always going to be dropped calls, bad spots, etc. If you go into this knowing that, then things will be good. But when you think you are changing to a better phone company and better service, then you get pissed off real fast.....

Just my $0.02.......Yeah I have had 4 different phone companies over about 6-7 years. They are all the same.....

Its just the phone that gets "cooler" with different features.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 11:21 AM

The speaker comes in handy when you are driving you don't have to hold it up to your head. and can just hit the mic button and talk. I will send you the # [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode