Once Upon a Time In Mexico, Desperado, and ??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Once Upon a Time In Mexico, Desperado, and ???????

Just went and saw Once Upon A Time In Mexico with my fiance last night. Banderas kicks ass, lots of gun play. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] I also must say that Enrique Inglacius (or however it's spelled) is a pretty good actor, and at least looks like he knows how to handle a gun.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Not going to start listening to his music any time soon though.......

Anyways, I guess Once Upon A Time In Mexico is the last of a 3 movie set with Desperado in it somewhere. What's the other movie? I've seen Desperado, but not the other one. Dammit, I wanna see that movie now. Any help here? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Once Upon a Time In Mexico, Desperado, and ???????

It'd be El Mariachi. They all kind of suck. I heard there is no plot to the new one but the gunfights are cool.

There was a movie about 10 years older that was the same storyline as Desperado but had different actors playing it. I don't remember what it's called.

I'd like to go see underworld but the only theater that has it here has seats that make your butt hurt after only an hour.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 03:19 PM

Yup,

I saw "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" last Thursday....
Wasn't that impressed really...but it was OK...not as good as Desperado though....
I have Desperado on DVD, but its kinda unique....foolish action, lotsa guns, etc, etc..
Sequels are never as good..

The original, El Mariachi, is what Desperado was based on, it was an Indie film, I forget by who now.....
at least Desperado had a little bigger budget...

I didn't care for Johnny Depp's ordeal at the end of the movie, thats just disgusting....

Steve Buscemi and Cheech Marin were great in Desperado.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Yep, I found out today. Goes El Mariachi (the indie movie first, very low budget, but supposedly pretty good, no clue if Banderas/Hayak/etc are in it), Desperado, and Once Upon A Time In Mexico. I saw Desperado like 4-5 years ago, probably going to get it and see it too. I remember liking it, but not a lot about it.

I liked it, but then, I like senseless violence. It has it's semi-cheesy parts (remote control guitar case bomb thingy?[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), but then you have to remember it's all not quite real. I also like that the good guys were good, the bad guys were bad. No introspective good guy waxing philosophical about his past wrongs, sins, or inherit bad nature............whatever. Just a wronged good guy with a hole in his heart shooting up evil bad guys that no one will miss. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

I know I have it slightly wrong, but probably my favorite lines:

They call him El, as in El Mariachi.

It means the.

I know what the [bleep] it means stupid. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 04:37 AM

I liked that line also...he he he

I only remember the original El Mariachi because it was on one of those "star" movie channels way back in the early '90's, and they'd advertise the sumbitch 20 times a day for 3 months....
Guy walking down a desert highway with a guitar case.....
Nope, no banderas....nobody you'd know at all.

You might as well rent Desperado again, it'll be good to see after "...Mexico", and as far as funny lines go, I like the first part where Steve Buscemi (Resevoir Dogs, Fargo, etc,) goes into the bar where Cheech marin is the bartender, and they are discussing "El Mariachi", who at that point was just a legend...LOL...

Enjoy.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 06:13 AM
Mud in my Veins

dude, guitar case rocket launchers, that's all you need to know! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 10:23 PM

watched el mariachi the other day...it was allright, pretty good movie considering it was made for $7000...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Mud in my Veins

ok ok, I have to say after seeing Once Upon a Time that I am very disappointed. the paper had it rated as an A, which very few movies ever get... as it should be reserved for classics. Anyway, Depp's character didn't make much sense and seemed very hard to believe, while most of the action was embellished to the point that it too was not believable. The cinematic nature of the film seemed amateur at times as if I was watching the Independent Film Channel. Overall, the plot was subpar and ill-constructed, and Desparado definitely kicks this movie's azz! That's not to say it was unentertaining, I definitely had a good time and there were some badass fight scenes, but it's something I'd wait to see on Cinemax personally, now that I know what to expect. My vote: C: average ... I'd really like to know how the critics decided to give it an A... not one element I can think of was above average.... guess i'm just hard to please? [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode