Would ya like to take a survey??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

View Poll Results: Wrath: Pompous Ass or Misunderstood creature?
Pompous Ass 22 78.57%
Slightly less than pompous ass 2 7.14%
Somewhat reasonable although still condescending 2 7.14%
Misunderstood creature 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Would ya like to take a survey???

<font face="comic Sans MS">As an appendix to one of the threads running now, I'm going to conduct a brief survey... Please read this link (with an open mind of course) and then answer the following survey question...

Keep in mind that this is mostly done in jest but I'd rather keep the responses serious, thank you very much, enjoy the rest of your day or night, whichever it happens to be at the time of your reading this...</font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:23 AM

Re: Would ya like to take a survey???

i think he's the sweetheart of the rodeo [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 03:26 AM
Resurrection_Joe

He's an ass at this point, but people change! I ALMOST always give people another chance (sometimes with my hand near my gun, heh.....)

"We have ALL worn the asshat" - RJ
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

come on guys......dont you have to feel for a guy who is nice enough to refer to Monica as "some female" [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 10:33 AM
Veteran

C'mon Tim, No "mystery question" this time? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I voted for "misundertstood". Not because of his recent posts (although somebody mentioned the word "tact" .) <==clicky

There are plenty of sites to go trolling for arguments, this is not typically one of those places. On the other hand.... the reason the "General chit-chat" forum was set up was for us to have a forum to get together and discuss "O/T" issues. If you want to be a supreme ass, then by all means do it here where everyone can witness it [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

A great American once said:
"We can agree to disagree without being disagreeable"

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

i vote ass. Read the post again for my reply to Wrath.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Mud in my Veins

Pompous Ass.

Hey DR, how's the sand?[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sparty, wtf you been man?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Can't Get Enough

The sand has gladly been left in Kuwait. Not sure if i will go to glamis when i make the treck to California. It is so tempting with it being only 45 minutes away. Or even buttercup. It is on the way. right off the freeway.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 10:46 PM

Wow, this is wild.....I've been away from the computer all week, and I miss all this.....geeez! I'd been checking the General Chit Chat Forum every day and theres been nothing but cobwebs and tumbleweeds on it since June for gawd sakes.
I voted that Wrath is a misunderstood creature, I've read lots of his posts/replies, and although I don't always agree with what he has to say, I don't have a problem with the guy either. Wrath isn't the only guy on here with an opinion, People are what they are, and nobody HAS to reply to anything. The topic of war or the military, is an iffy topic for just about anybody, regardless of their personality. The chit chat forum is an off-topic page, so be it, theres arguments, they come and go, and this is the place for them. I think everybody is entitled to their opinion, and to voice it if they like. I was sitting in an airport in Belarus just a couple days ago, and had to break up an argument about war between a guy from Seattle, and a guy from Germany, they were talking in circles. They agreed to disagree. Next.
If anybody thinks they're going to teach Wrath a lesson, or change his mind, they are sadly mistaken.
Anyhow, move on, next, get over it, whatever, give it up, etc, etc, etc.

Just my thoughts from the FWIW department [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2003, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

<font face="Comic Sans MS">This sure isn't intended to change Wrath's mind, etc... This was just to verify what some peoples' opinions on the matter are...

I personally agree 100% that Wrath is entitled to his opinion... He, however, does *not* have to be an ass while expressing said opinion... In just about every single post I've ever seen Wrath rather than trying to prove his point, simply ends up belittling the people who hold an opposing point, which I would consider not only logically flawed, but not very polite as well...

I don't think just because it's a 'chit chat' forum it entitles somebody to throw every scrap of politeness they might have ever posessed out the window... It should *not* be hard what so ever to express an opinion, even a strong opinion and remain polite, civil and decent about it, plus avoid treating those of opposing view points as lesser people...</font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode