more deployments - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

more deployments

I am not sure what is going on anymore. We are losing nearly one soldier a day in Iraq and I don't know why we are still there. I do not think it is worth it. I think the country is much better off now and we should pull out.

We still have soldiers in Kosovo, Mogadishu, etc. Now, 40 Marines are being sent to Lyberia with a possible 4500 more on the way (read 9000). I do not know why we are getting involved with Lyberia. We have no direct ties or intrests there. Aside from Lyberia's history, nothing links the U.S. with them. We should have learned 10 years ago not to ever send Americans in harms way in any country in Africa. Especially for these horse sh*t reasons.

The army is made to kill people and break things, not keep the peace!!!

On the other hand, I don't care for soldiers complaining about how long their deployment is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 11:46 AM

Re: more deployments

Large numbers of US troops are still in Japan and Germany (World War II ended in 1945) - US military involvement in Iraq may continue just as long.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 04:52 PM

I have been to Iraq for 7 months and to a loctaion i can not disclose. But my home is in GERMANY?? I am one of the lucky ones who is never home. I have many friends in IRaq, Africa. But you would care about how long you were deployed if you had to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week and sleep on a hard bed and eat MREs twice a day in 140 heat. But i am in the air force and we have air and ice. thats why i didn't join the army! redtoy92 [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, they're there. They aren't in combat, they don't eat MREs, and they take showers every day. They're military bases. Who said that military bases could only be on the continental 48?

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept troops there forever either, but I doubt they'll be hunting down kids with shrapnel emitting vests. Eventually they'll be sitting there minding their own business just like they do on their islands in Japan.

If you don't want to earn your keep, don't join the military.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 10:12 AM

you are right that some don't eat mre's and sleep in nice beds "thier not even in combat"? Every day they have to watch out for some body to shoot at them from across the street or place a homemade bomb in the road! Have you been in the military if so been in a war? i bet 161 dead people would say thet they are in combat! But you are right that the wars in the past (WW1,ww2ETC were much more demanding and many more died. redtoy92 [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

OK, another imbecile on the prowl. If you actually read the whole fscking thread you'd see that Mark spoke of Germany and Japan having US forces there. They're never in combat in Germany or Japan. They just sit there, train, and prepare.

I never said anything about active peacekeeping forces in any country.

If you don't want to go to war, don't join the military. Piss and moan about deployment times, going overseas, actually wandering around in the desert and you lose all respect from me. You'd gotten more respect out of me if you worked at McDonalds at the age of 35 saying "would you like anything to drink with that?"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 01:01 PM

If you would read the whole thread i was also replying to YOTER! he said that we were losing a troop everyday in IraQ, so i guess you miss understood me! but that is okay and i Have to guess that you havn't been in the military. and yes if you don't want to go to war don't join. but some pepole have to if they want to go to school or to better themselves for later in life. I don't mind a little bashing but i think you have gone over the limit saying that there is another imbecile on the browl! and I am a cop in germany and I will tell you that we are at war everyday! We have people killing troops to get thier ID cards to go on base and bomb buildings! I have had people drive by my gates and take pop shots at us! I guess it doesn't take much to get your respect. I worked at mcdonalds before i came in. I don't like the military and i will get out when my time is up, but don't down play what they do for all of us. redtoy92
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Nothing you said was specifically directed at Yoter. Furthermore, you replied to me, not Yoter.

You don't have to join the military to go to school. I have $57,000 worth of student loans to prove it.

There is another imbecile on the prowl. And you're doing a mighty fine job of proving my point.

"bomb buildings" blah blah blah. I'm sure it isn't an everyday occurance. Prove to me it happens more than once every six months. What you are talking about happens everywhere.

I said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Piss and moan about deployment times, going overseas, actually wandering around in the desert and you lose all respect from me. You'd gotten more respect out of me if you worked at McDonalds at the age of 35 saying "would you like anything to drink with that?"

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't understand that you truly are an imbecile. I'm not surprised you worked at McDonalds.

Maybe you should go back to working for McD's restaurant...

And I never said I didn't believe in the military or didn't appreciate it. I think it is about time the military started getting what it needs. However, it doesn't need any DMFs in it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 04:29 PM

dang wrath, get off it already. why is he all of a sudden an imbecile? cause he disagreed with you? chit, if that's the case, a ton of people around here are imbeciles.

until you've experienced the military, keep your mouth shut. you don't know the conditions these people work in each and every day. regardless of being on base or out in the field, they have to put up with BS. who are you to say who should go to the military and who shouldn't? they're the ones protecting your argumentative ass while you sit in a classroom and compile school loans to the point where you sure as hell better get a good paying job to pay them off.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Monica, you're just looking for an argument. You haven't been off the IFS forum in months.

He's an imbecile because he didn't read the whole thread and arbitrarily chose my post to reply to. He was looking for something to complain about just to complain. I grow wary of these kinds of people. If he'd just chose someone else to reply to I probably would have let it slide. If you read my original post there is nothing you can complain about.

I have a pretty good idea what they experience each day. Neither you nor I have experienced it. I don't want to hear about your fiance either. Sure, it probably sucks. I'm not the one that chose the career. I'm appreciative for what they do.

Tens of thousands of white middle class males and females whose parents make sixty thousand dollars a year are forced to obtain student loans. Most of them aren't allowed to get most federal or state aid. Not all of us are born to rich families or are female or a "minority" and get a free ride. No matter where I chose, be it here at MTU, at MIT, at RTI, at UMR, or at UChicago I was expected to pay $10,000/year according to FAFSA's Student Aid Report. All of those schools offered me enough scholarship money to get me down to that $10,000. The only difference is that since I came here in the Fall of 2000 my total cost of attendance has gone up $7,000 while my scholarships have remained the same. That means it will take me around five years to pay off my student loans instead of the three I planned for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode