Rain Rain GO AWAY!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!

I don't know about you guys but it seems so far we are not even going to get a summer. The rain will not let up enough to hay the fields or get some crops going. I have been trying to plant corn for about 1 mth now and haven't got anywhere the darn fields are like mud and with all this rain now the hay has grown so tall its starting to fall over and I can't ever get that cut!! We need a little break from this rain season!!! No beach for us over here! [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 12:07 PM

Re: Rain Rain GO AWAY!!

I dont think can ever remember having this much rain. We have had 1 (one) good weekend this year so far, and it already middle of June. I can't do any work in the yard (unless it involves muddin)

Never thought I would be sick of the rain.....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 12:39 PM

FORCAST SAYS+++++++90 and sunny [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
I just hope the water gets above 55
mother nature [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]me
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 01:39 PM

Hard to believe that last year we (VA,MD,DC) were under water restrictions because of the drought ... now we can't turn the [email protected] spigot off!!

Driveway Wrenching = Drenching !! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 06:24 PM

My neighbor is a meteroligist in the Navy and he says the trends they are studying predict it to rain all summer ....all the way through September in fact . My yard is a mess .. the Great Dane will need some mudders to run around the yard !
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

it seems the only way it will stop raining is when it starts to snow again!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 08:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1. hey yoat, since im close by, if u need some help in ur fields let me know. i've planted for 4 seasons now here off a planter, and do minimal tractor work. i'll give my cell in private if u need some more hands.

2. what kinda danes u got mr. virginia. sorry forgot ur name. my rents have 3. 9 yr old 165 lbs, 6 yr old 215 lbs, and 8 months 132 lbs.

theo/stuper
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 08:41 PM

Rain? Rain?

Its been relentless here too, I'm sure the animals will be lining up two by two pretty soon. Can't get anything done outside.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 11:00 PM

Horse dog is 5 and he weighs a very solid 145 . Your folks may have a shetland not a dane at 215 ...thats a large dog . When I take horsem to the vet I put him in the entire back of the sammi and he sticks his head over mine for the ride .Needless to say after the first time I took him I learned to wear a hat . That dog is a drooling and pooping machine ! A great dog though ... And he scares folks away from my backyard jeep collection ..Its a collection not a junkyard !
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 07:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

sammi

yep 3 purebread "horse dogs". got 2 females sasha 132 lbs, sheeba 215 lbs, and symba *m* at 162. my rents put all 3 in the back of their conversion van, well whatever sheeba didn't chew. and symba will put his face out the window. i had my jimmy, i would put the seat up so u could sit on it, slide the passengers seat all the way up on its 45 degree angle, and then sheeba would sit on the seat with her head out the window. big dogs, and yes ALL of our deliveries are left at the stepping stones about 50 ft from door. we never sign anything cuz ppl are too chicken to come near the house.

at 215 lbs she isn't "solid". she's got enough "fit and trim" packed inside her to feed a horse. gotta knock her weight down cuz at 6 yrs she's not goingto make it much longer. have u had any problems with the twisting stomach thing they encounter? or just the joints. the 9 yr old is starting to arch its back, so it means arthritus or somethng along those lines.

theo/stuper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode