under age jobs- no one will give me one!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 12:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

under age jobs- no one will give me one!!!!

who has any ideas for money raising i'm too young to get a job legaly but have been looking. i cant start a bike shop, but i have [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: under age jobs- no one will give me one!!!!

Mow some suburban lawns. Yard cleaning.

Find a carpenter or boiler guy and be an apprentice/ gofor. They only need you sometimes and they usually just make you run to the truck for tools, and find somewhere to buy coffee.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Can't Get Enough

I started by mowing lawns at 13. Then I got a job at a dealership sweeping the lots and cleaning up the repair bays.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Lawn mowing, yard cleanup, et cetera is your best bet. You'll be competing with "adults" that do this for a living but you'll probably have better luck. As long as you're professional about it and don't cut any corners you'll get repeat business and they'll spread the word. Most "adults" that do this don't care as long as they get paid. You can charge less. Go to houses and ask them how much they're paying to have other people mow their lawn. Undercut them by $5-10 and they'll switch. Since you're a kid a lot of people will take notice.

Another thing is to be a mason's apprentice (aka gofor). Involves a tremendous amount of menial labor but the pay is usually good and few kids don't last long.

Another business that has started taking off is junk hauling. People like their junk but they eventually get tired of looking at it. If you can haul it away (don't know if you have transportation) there is money to be had. If you have somewhere to sort scrap you can sell it. Plus, sometimes people throw away perfectly good junk that you can clean up/get working and sell.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 02:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yea ive done all that except mason aprentice, there is a large hispanic populace around here who take all of teh jobs [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ohh well ive applied at all ofthe honda/yasmaha/mx shops around. we will see
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2003, 09:52 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Dress decent, use proper languge, nothing like this for example "Yo whatz up dawg, wanna be doin yo dirty work"... That won't 'fly' well. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
And kiss ass... lol
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 09:27 PM
gemiller

I am 16, and have been working since I was 14. I work at a hardware store, which is a great after school and weekend job, also very good in summer. I also work at a roller rink as a floor guard, I recomend when going to apply dressing a little snazzier than normal, kids have it harder than adults, you need to be able to show the person that needs help that you are not a punk, and just need a job.

I recomend looking at amusement parks(a big opportunity, they hire at 14 around here), fast food,(some hire at 14) small and self owned businesses(like my hardware store and the roller rink), and maybe even to lawn care and construction companies. Also on your application, in past jobs, also list charity work you did, every little bit helps!

Hope that helped you a little bit.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 06:43 PM

im in dallas too...mowing yards since i was 12...just find a new area where houses are being built and get the whole neighborhood, or go talk to the realitor and try to work out a deal where the yards are automatically mowed...by you. I would tell you some good places to look for yards like this , but i need money too [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

also, dallas morning news...jsut got a job there throwing papers...its 2-6am, but im usually up anyway, pays pretty well too..if you dont have a car, you can go and wrap papers there. good luck
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 08:51 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
kids have it harder than adults

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to move where you are.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try making you're own job. Picking up groceries, washing cars mowing lawns, washing windows something along those lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode