Who Makes these Tires?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 12:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who Makes these Tires??

Ill be damned if I can figure out who makes em. All it says on the sidewall in Mud Track Steel Radials. The Tread Pattern Is Similar to Super Swampers, except the inside tread isnt as Curvey. Anybody have a clue who makes them?? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Who Makes these Tires??

Let me go take a picture of mine. They're probably Medalists.

On the right is a Medalist Mud Trac. On the left is a Medalist Mud Track.

The Mud Track is now called "Mud King" and still looks almost identical to the Mud Track. I don't think they make the Mud Trac anymore. I, myself, like the Mud Tracs better. They're not nearly as noisey and the hook a lot better. They both have raised white letters but I hate white letters so they always get mounted blackwall out.

I believe Medalist tires are made by Cooper but I can't remember.

Yeah, I run two different tires on my truck when playing in the mud. I bought the tires mounted on 15x10 Furd wagons for $370. The tires have the same circumference so they aren't hard on the transfer case. No one has ever noticed I run different tires on the front than on the rear.

Yes, there are two more sets of mounted tires in the background. Yes, that does mean I have four sets of tires and wheels. And that's just at this house. hehe.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 06:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hell Yes, thats them, the ones on the left. You say the Mud Track is now called the Mud King, are they Made by Cavalier now? I really do appreciate you takin them pics and finally answerin my Question. Them damn Mud Tracks are good tires and ive been wantin a new set for my Bronco, just couldnt ever figure out who made em!! Once again thanks!!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Upon further investigation, it looks like a ton of different people sell this tire. I found them under Cavalier, Riken, and Medalist. I'm 99% sure Cavalier and Medalist are made by Cooper. I don't know about Riken. I just know they make excellent front motocross tires for quads.

I always assumed they were Medalist tires since the Mud Trac says Medalist on it and the other doesn't. The guy I bought them off got a deal on the Mud Tracs because they were the "old version". He still ended up spending almost $600 for all four but tires around here are fawkin expensive. They would've cost $120/tire in the lower peninsula of Michigan.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just found some damn good prices on Cavalier Mud Kings. In 35X1250R15 the list price is $221.00 and i found them at www.4wheelparts.com for $134.00! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, I saw that when I was looking for different manufacturers. Call up your local tire places and see if they're close in price.

A good chunk of the time the local places will have you out the door for a little less than the internet places. This is especially true if the internet places charge sales tax. You have to pay FET everywhere so...

You still have to have them balanced if you buy them off the 'net even if you mount them yourself. This is usually around $40.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 05:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well i called most of the Tire Stores and Town and no one has em! Not even Cooper! Oh well i guess ill have to order the ones from 4wheelparts.com! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 03:11 PM

I've got a set of 33x12.50x15 Mud Kings, which look to be the newer version, or "renamed" version of those Mud Tracs, at least the tread looks the same. Theres probably at least a couple different manufacturers making them, as the one of the BFG dealers in town here aslo carried the Mud Kings as a lower end tire, and they had them listed under Cavalier. The place I bought them told me that they were made by Uniroyal. I only bought them cause they were cheap, as opposed to the Goodyear MTR's and the BFG Mud Terrains, which were about 75% more in cost. I find the traction great, and they are wearing nice too. I rotate 'em as much as possible, it seems even if my Toyota IFS alignment is OK, they will still cup a bit in the front.
Just my $.02 worth.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

OK, I think I must have cataracts. Do your tires look like the ones on the left or the ones on the right in my picture? I like the ones on the right a lot and if I could find them again I'd buy them next time.

PS:
I didn't think I'd ever see a good-looking Toyota.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 02:40 PM

Wrath,
Cataracts...hmmm....I seem to remember you mentioning "craptacular" vision one other time...he he he...j/k! As for the Mud Kings, they are the exact same tread as the tires on the left in your picture. I don't think I've seen a similar tread anywhere as the ones on the right in your picture....not lately anyway. Are those the tires you got with those Alloys ya bought a while back?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
PS:
I didn't think I'd ever see a good-looking Toyota.

[/ QUOTE ] He he he, since I already know your thoughts on imports, I guess thats pretty good coming from a Bowtie guy.....its funny, all my buddies have Fords and Chevys, so theres always a constant battle going on between us.....gawd help us when one of us has a problem [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode