any campers? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

any campers?

I wanted to know if there was any campers among us? I do camp on a regular basis. I have always used a tent but now I think I have to upgrade to a pop-up. My wife was ok with the tent thing but now with the dog and a baby coming..... you get the picture.

Does anyone have a pop-up and if so, what should I be looking at when I go to buy one. I think I am going to look at the used ones. Any thing you can let me know would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 01:50 PM

Re: any campers?

I love to camp,just got back from a trip w/ the family including the dog.Thought about a pop-up,but where I like to go pop-ups would have a hard time gettin to a good spot.Alot of times you have to go to a state park or something and camp next to someone,and thats allright If youre into that.But I like privacy,and I camped w/ babies,just not as often.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 01:17 PM

love camping here too, but im going to be in the market for a 5th wheel camper with the loader in the back option(mostly for hauling the dirt bike and quad) i hate those mornings when you wake up and its so frigging cold you dont want to move, ive done my fair share of camping, im ready to get the "hook up" [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 02:51 PM

Up until now, I would just camp out of the back of my p/u or 4Runner. Same story here, baby is in the future and I am starting to look at pop-ups and a camper for the back of the p/u.

Eventually we will be in the market for a 5th wheel but those are still a few days away.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like camping. I have a 5 person tent. Would love to get a small pop up.
Keep them black bears away from me . I don't mind them while I'm outside the tent and awake, but in a tent sleeping is different story all together.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 10:38 PM

I want a lifted pop up so I can tow it away from the crowd ! I saw a guy last weekend dragging a pop up on 10 "tires up a trail with a TJ on 33s . It was kind of humorous . He didnt make it too far before he decided he was deep enough in the woods ! I do wonder though how he got turned around and on his way out !
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Can't Get Enough

We're a tent camping family of 6. I thought about a pop up, but after looking at them I decided they're just a big tent on wheels, and won't off-road well. So I'm probably going to end up with a utility trailer of some kind to haul all the kit around.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 02:49 PM

Well, call me old fashioned, but I've always been a tent guy, I kinda like the traditional camping. I only recently bought a three burner propane Coleman stove, I had still only been using my old Coleman with the Naptha fuel, remember pump, pump, pump?...LOL.
The little two behind campers are nice too though, but its whatever yer into. As far as the big monsters go, well, if I had that kinda money, I'd buy a couple acres out in the country and build a cabin....but thats just me.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Old Hand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Keep them black bears away from me . I don't mind them while I'm outside the tent and awake, but in a tent sleeping is different story all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a couple of dogs. They will let you know if somethings out there that'll hurt you especially if they are tied up.
I will not go camping anywhere there is bears W/O my two labs. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2003, 01:22 AM

Being a Boy Scout leader, I camp at least once a month in a tent. I have a 24' travel trailer at home for the wife and younget ones. I did a fishing trip with my brother recently at the upper Kings river. We used his pop up trailer for sleeping and preparing food. It was actually nice, but I have to admit it was slightly cramped. The toilet is in the corner (porta potty) along with a small shower. If you need to use the toilet, you need to lift and wrap around the shower curtain for privacy. My brothers pop out had a slide out kitchen that provided adequate room for 4 people. ( I have 3 sons, so it would have been cramped with 5 people). I did like the heater on the cool evening, and the ease to pull the trailer behind his 1500. The trailer has 2 full size beds at each end that are a heck lot more comfortable than the rocks I usually end up sleeping on when on a Boy Scout camp. The kitchen is small, with little flat space to prepare meals. (Dutch oven cooking encouraged). I have to admit my travel trailer is more comfortable. Tent trailer is a happy medium and they are easier to store.

Then there is that 30ft toy hauler that should be in my driveway by July..... [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode