new Metallica album - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

new Metallica album

Is anyone going to go out and buy the new Metallica album "ST. ANGER" when it comes out?

I am going to wait awhile if I even decide it is worth it. I bought "Load" the day it came out back in 1996 and was really disappointed. I never even bought "Re-load".

They have Ozzy's basist with them now. I am really hoping they wrote some good material for this album. We shall soon see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 01:46 AM

Re: new Metallica album

To be honest,IMO the dynasty ended with"....And Justice for All" and nothing rocks harder than Ride the Lightening or Master...,but from what Ive heard from some who have listened to some clips from the new LP,its not as hard as fans wanted the new stuff to be [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 03:46 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

goto metallica.com they got audio clips from two songs...
I sure as hell am buying it.. People are saying its like master of puppets and justice... Me, from what I have heard... I say it's like nothing they've ever done.
And Bob Rock, whom is their producer, did all the bass on the album because they just recently got Rob (the bassist)
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 07:33 AM
Veteran

Rob Trujillo played in Suicidal Tendencies before Ozzy.

Kill 'em All is the best. Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Justice For All were also very good. Everything from the "Black Album" on sucks major balls
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Metallica sucks. They rocked way back when they were just getting started and still in the garage band days. But when I listened to Lars Ulrich whining about Nabster, well it made me want to puke. They are sellouts to the mighty dollar, it's no longer about the music. They can go bankrupt and disappear for all I care anymore. Just my .02 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 03:01 AM

Ok then go listen to snoop dog and the backstreet boys. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 09:37 PM

i am so stoked about the new album! i heard part of a new song on mtv icon and it cranked hardcore!! heck it could be like load and reload and id still buy it METALLICA RULES!!! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 11:04 PM

Warning: Negative Opinion Ahead! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

Im with Kraby here, i wasnt really into the music that much anymore, but that whole napster thing really turned me away from the band. And now that Jason left cause James was being a jackass, i could really care less about what they do, but i certainly wont be helping them fund it anymore!
in fact, i was considering downloading the new album, just cause i know that deep down inside, it would probably offend lars...which would make it all worthwhile [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 03:45 AM

I found the whole studio version of ST. Anger tonight, all 7:14 of it... It's awesome, it could have been better like adding guitar solo(s) and maybe say the F*c* word a few times less ... But tommorow its going to be on the radio and be played on mtv2... rock on!!!

By the way, isn't MTV supposed to be about music? All its about is dating and peoples dumbass problems!! I hate it.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 08:53 PM

Re: New Metallica $ong

I heard it twice on the radio today.......holy crap was it horrible!

James' lyrics were totaly lame, his vocals were totally uninspired and incredibly crappy for someone whom i thought had a good voice, the riffs were lame, repetitive and just flat-out badly written/recorded, and the drums were so far up in the mix that they were almost overpowering james' vocals (which was actually a good thing for once). What the hell has hapened to this band?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode