not paying enough in taxes? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

View Poll Results: Would you like to pay more in taxes?
Yes 0 0%
No 7 77.78%
I have no freaking clue what you are talking about. 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

not paying enough in taxes?

I live in Nevada which is considering increasing taxes $1 billion. That is an INCREASE, not a total. This would be about $1100 per every person in the state. Every tax payer would pay upwards of $2500, extra. That sucks and I can't seem to get through to anyone that I don't want to pay that.

Thanks for checking out my gripe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 09:10 PM

Re: not paying enough in taxes?

people are idiots...they (the democrats) are trying to raise taxes here in NY..they are going to run the state straight into the ground, which in turn will only give them more control [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Nevada to and I'm discusted with this Govenor. He's a Republican and all he can think about is raising taxes. Why don't he try to find ways to lower taxes. I've got a new concept for them try living on the budget that they now have just like every family in America does.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 06:44 PM

if only they would remember good old Reaganomics...lower taxes, people have more money to invest/spend..economy goes up. so why why why do they want to raise taxes when it has proven to ruin the econmomy [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Pooh-Bah

why do they want to raise taxes when it has proven to ruin the econmomy
So they can make up for all the tax breaks that the corporations and "richey-riches" have gotten lately.
You know, "trickle down" economics.
What "they" don't pay, "we" will. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 09:13 PM

<font face="comic Sans MS">Let's simply eliminate all the wasteful government spending and excessive buearocracy, then there will be a massive surplus... I do not want people researching such things as stupid and natural as cow farts on government money. Yeah they got a grant to study the effects of cows farting on the environment... WTF... Get rid of all that wasteful bullsh** and I can keep a bigger chunk of my paycheck thank you very much.

My ultimate goal would be to knock the National gov't back down to where they only handle things like trade between the states, foreign trade and nat'l security. Let the states govern themselves. Much less buearocracy that way, things have more opportunity to get done halfway efficiently and there's more of a chance people who understand the places they're running will be able to make the rules fit their situation better... Although it doesn't have even a fraction of a snowball's chance in hell of ever happening...</font>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Pooh-Bah

For once, our state actually made a step in the right direction this Legislative Session. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Montana was also facing huge budget deficits like just about every other state.

They actually rolled spending limits back to 2000 levels.
At least, it's a good start anyways. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

I like Sandman's idea of the Fed's going back to the constitional form of government.

The Senate has just passed $350 billion in tax cuts which is a step in the right direction. Things aren't all bad.

I think congress should be in session no longer than 14 days per year regardless of the circumstances. They should keep their "good buddy" income tax different from the rest of us but multiplied by 1.25 times. This would keep any congressmen in politics only for a short time and not have any hair brained ideas of new or increased taxes.

I know these ideas have as much possibility as Bill sleeping with Hillary EVER, but I have my utopia too.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 09:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Reganomics a proven method to kick the economy into high gear.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 07:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

I was always under the impression that Nevada had no state tax. Is it sales tax I am thinking about???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode