My pain..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

My pain.....

I know alot of you see this and feel the way I do.... I just could stay quiet anymore...

I HAD State Farm Insurance. I have my 2000 Blazer, 1997 Harley, 2001 Saturn (wife's car) and my homeowners policy all with them. Your first thought, multi-policy discount. I have been with State Farm since 1989 when I started driving. I never had problems with them until now......

I was paying:

$325/year for hoomeowners policy
$307/year for the Harley(almost as much as a house!!!)
$822/half for both vehicles

I am 29 and my wife is 26. I didn't think these were that bad. Then I was sent my renewal of the homeowners policy. They tried to rape me for $523/year. No claims. No problems. Just increase the rate until I bleed.

To make this story short, I am now with Allstate. I know there are a million different companies, but in my eyes, all insurtance co's are crooks.

BTW, my new rates are:

$261/year homeowners
$305.50/year for Harley
$545.16/half for both vehicles.

I am saving $619 a year. I am a firm believer that you should shop for insurance every couple of years. Make them work for the business.

Just wanted to b*tch and moan about this and I thought you guys would get a laugh.....

Also, State Farm is raising the homeowners policies 45% throughout the contry this year. Theyt are trying to get out of that line of business.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM

Re: My pain.....

State Farm is raising ins rates but the other companies will follow. A few will hold out to try and get people to switch but they will increase also. This is the game the companies play. I am no fan of insurance companies but everything is connected. Companies raise prices when their costs increase, caused by losses legit and fraud, lawyers encourage everyone to sue, justified or not, people file claims and sue derserving or not. It all comes down to greed by society.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 12:43 PM

Yep I hear the same thing and someone else just posted about the lousy insurance renewals. I had a 200 dollar inrease for 1 vehicle . I am going to do some shopping tommorrow when I have the day off! [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 04:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd consider myself lucky at $500. We get thrown over a barrel in Jersey. Try $1800. No faults, no points and almost 30 years old. For a 6year old car. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

That's with shopping.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 08:25 PM

Yeah, you guys dont want to know what it costs to insure my truck in this great state (heres a hint, Ditch's is alot cheaper [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img])....cant wait till the ins. break at 25!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 11:56 PM

It liked the Hotdog and Hotdog Bun thing, The companys got together and decided to screw the public, making them pay for 4 extra buns that they dont need(8 hotdogs to a pack, 12 buns to a pack) Im begining to think everything is a conspiracy anymore
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 09:11 AM

Good way to put it Drey! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode