new JEEP commercial! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

new JEEP commercial!

Chrysler has been keeping me pretty entertained lately... first the "that thing got a hemi?" commericals, and now this Grand Cherokee commercial where the guy is at a reading of his relative's will. something like "...and to my son i leave 50 acres of uninhabitable swamp land..." and the next 10 seconds is of the Cherokee flogging through some nasty gumbo swamp mud! good stuff! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

oh i saw another one too... Kia has a commercial with a new Suburban on 40-44" Boggers up high and his Kia-driving neighbor is checking it out telling him about how good gas mileage it gets etc [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: new JEEP commercial!

i cant wait to see the jeep commercial

i thought the kia one was gonna be it breaking down and 3 midgets pick it up and put it in the back of the BURB and driving it back to the stealer for repairs.........theres an idea
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:52 PM
LowGearMonster

Have you seen those stupid Honda CRV commercials. "For your adventures in the real world". They show some guys getting hurt while having some fun and a bunch of pansy yups watching them, making fun of them. I don't know why that made me so made but it did. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 05:10 PM
PLummisZ71

Your not alone, I get mad too. I guess by "real-world" they mean sitting on a picnic blanket, too scared of getting hurt to try anything fun. "adventures in the real world......." what type of adventure involves sitting still discussing other people having fun???? An adventure would be doing the things they are talking about. As for my adventures in the real world....well i can PROMISE you the CRV would not get me through them. But then again, if the wildest thing your adventures involve is getting bitten by the ants on your picnic blanket....I guess the CRV would be just fine.

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]"adventures in the real world" if I ever meet the guy who came up with that slogan hes gonna need more than a honda CRV to handle the adventure me and my tire iron are gonna give him. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 09:01 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hmmm have not seen that JEEP one yet, last one I saw was it showing all their JEEPS doing like life guard and search and rescue stuff... Whoa that KIA one sounds interesting, have not seen it yet! Screw them korean import bastards, comparing a suburban to a KIA!!! HELLO Aint the suburban like the FIRST and LONGEST lived SUV on the planet? We actually (GOD FORBID ME SAYING THIS) a Sorento... Ugh, my uncle was all ohhhhhh there so great and [bleep]... Well we did, and they suck ass, gutless, the engine sounds like its going to blow up, and they have that horrible cheap plastic smell... I hate'em...
Anyone remember that old kia commercial for the sportage of soccer mom trying to get out of a excursion and she has to jump out, and the lady goe to excelerate in a Expedtion but it just sits there and smokes its tires and the lady sits in her KIA shaking her head... [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
And how the hell do they think they get GOOD miledge? The POS gets 15-19... out of a gutless 3.5L...
God I HATE KIA.... I actually figured out what KIA MEANS...
WARNING IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY RUDE/CRUDE/SICK sense of humor than dont go down any further.............

Kock Inhaling Ass...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:00 PM

did you just call the suburban an SUV? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I hate when people call my Blazer that...i think an suv is more of a half minivan half station wagon than anything...something based on a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck is not one.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesnt appreciate the "SUV" title... it's a truck with a top, therefore it's either a "Bronco", a "truck", or "Multi Purpose Passenger Vehicle" as FORD calls it... any other titles, especially "car", get met with harsh criticism. (just ask my friends [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 02:51 AM

Well ya guess your right, SUV doesn't make a whole lot of sense... But have you NOW noticed hondas new commercial? They call their minivan, CRV and Pilot.... TRUCKS....I almost broke my TV... And my dad raised his eyebrow at how angry I was LOL....
I hate my neighbor, she calls our Tahoe a VAN.... I've explained to the old bitch so many times its a truck/suv... ugh.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 10:27 AM
LowGearMonster

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
We actually (GOD FORBID ME SAYING THIS) a Sorento... Ugh, my uncle was all ohhhhhh there so great and [bleep]... Well we did, and they suck ass, gutless, the engine sounds like its going to blow up, and they have that horrible cheap plastic smell... I hate'em...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Those Sorentos got a full frame with a rear axle. Not too shabby compared to the rest of those girly yup SUV's. But they shouldn't have ragged on a Suburban. That's just low. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2003, 10:33 PM

Axle kinda looked like a Toyota axle... And KIA bought the body off of lexus, its the Lexus RX300 or whatever its called... Its almost identical other than a crease they put in it... other than that its the same thing for alot less lol. But glad they didnt buy one. He almost bought a 02 3/4 HD chevy LT 2x4 it was nice but one problem, it had the 8.1 big block which is the last thing we need lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode