I know some of you are paintball enthusiasts... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

I know some of you are paintball enthusiasts...

Is the Winchester Sedona any good? I've been looking at reviews on the internet and either people say they blow donkeys in July or they're just fine for a beginner.

I want a gun that is reasonably accurate at 50' (within a foot with good balls). I want one for cheap. It's going to be used for shooting varmints. I don't have any friends that are into paintball besides my cousin and I don't live anywhere near him.

It needs to be durable. I don't want one of those $250 plastic guns that practically buckle under the weight of a 50 round hopper.

If you're wondering what sparked this, it's the fact that Dunham's has them on sale for $30 tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: I know some of you are paintball enthusiasts...

wrath i bought one from my cousin for i think $50.....it wasa stingray painted all camo and had a tubular red dot laser sight on the top. the first shot i took with it is the reason i bought it. i hit the squirrel right in the head while it was wrecking the bird feeder. the laser was on the face and it hit there. i was prolly 15-18 foot away, but it also dealt well with unruly wood chucks and thuroughly pissed off some mean olds racoons. i would say the stingray was effective and cheap, but the local team guys only use $2000 guns that are fully automatic and they only shoot each other no varmits, so stay cheap

oh and also the stingray is made by Brass Eagle. and i have a buddy on the local team who can usually get deals on paintballs and such so if you want me to check on any supplies for you with him, let me know

ahhhh i found the gun...it doesnt come with the CO2 tank or the hopper, but it does include the elbow to the hopper though. the CO2 tank is placed vertically in front of the trigger on the bottom of the gun

retail is about $58.00 on the net
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1072150-wrathpaint.gif (7.8 KB, 33 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 07:47 AM

buy a kingman hammer pump, its cheap reliable and super lgithweight. i also can hammer out shots as fast as a semi-auto with it, only drawback is the barrel but seeing as how it retailed for 100 bux my 18" sniper barrel wasmore affordable then [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if ya wanna get a semi though, damn kids and there shots per second, go simple and get a tippman carbine or something liek that. they arent terribly expensive and they take a beating.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Can't Get Enough

Stay away from Brass Eagle... They make cheap junk.
I've been playing for a few years now and have a Tippman 98. Tippman makes extremely durable markers, with the 98 being the most popular. It is very accurate, and can be easily upgraded. I got mine at Walmart of all places, for $149 including mask, air tank, marker, hopper, and barrel plug.
Shop around for the best deal. Check paintballonline.com and thepaintballstore.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 02:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I know some of you are paintball enthusiasts..

www.888paintball.com has package deals.

i run a tippman 98 with the flatline barrel. probally could pick up the tippman with accessories for under $150. any paintball related stuff if u want to buy i can sell cheap. i got alot of crap i'll let go to get somone into the sport. if u need something paintball related send me an email.

theo/stuper [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 12:26 AM

Sparty , squirrel + paint ball gun = Dead squirrel [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] By the way nice flag in the back of the truck!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 05:58 AM

if you keep your fps down squirrel + paintball gun = stunned squirrel not dead usually. when i was stupider and younger i found this out.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 07:27 AM
LowGearMonster

Do not, I repeat, do not buy anything Brasss Eagle. They are absolute crap. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a Stingray. And don't buy a Sheridan (which is owned by Winchester I think). Just as crappy. For what your looking for, get a Kingman. They make very reliable paintball guns. You could easily score a used Kingman Spyder Classic for under a 100 dollars. Also look at their new Spyder Sports. They are about 100 dollars. They look pretty shnazzi.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 12:56 PM

Now this is an area I do know.......

I have been on a team for about 3 years. I haven't played in the last 2 (which would mean I could have 5 yrears under the belt) I started out with a Brass Eagle Stingray. After 1 week I tossed it in the garbage. It wasn't even worth me selling. I bought a Kingman Spyder. I put that gun through the ringer. It never let me down. Only problem I had was in real cold weather (below 40) the gun would not fire fast and would break balls inside. This was mainly from the CO2. When I switched to Nitrogen this corrected the problem. After about 9 months I bough a 2000 Auto Cocker. Damn fine gun. I would recomend to anyone in the game.

......as far as varmit, a gun that can shoot straight will be a plus. Cheaper is not always better (you will get pissed when you miss all the time)

Just my 2 cents.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Can't Get Enough

I agree, the Spyder is a great marker, and not too expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode