Me and my Springfield Gov't Model pistol (updates) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Me and my Springfield Gov\'t Model pistol (updates)

<font face="comic Sans MS">Well, here are a few targets from my last trip to the range. I think I'm finally learning how to hold and fire my Springfield 1911-A1 (fullsize) "Loaded" pistol properly in order for decent accuracy.

Only thing I've changed so far is I removed the stock wood diamond checkered grips in favor of a Hogue wrap around rubber grip. So far I've not had any issues with the grip, I found it to be more comfortable than the originals. For $20, good mod.

Well, here's the targets. On the silhouette target, the low grouping of shots is a result of me stapling some targets to it in that location... These were from 15 or 20 yds, (not sure, i didn't want to walk downrange with tape measure to figure it out) LOL..

</font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Me and my Springfield Gov\'t Model pistol (updates)

your bringing em in there Tim. looking good. i am soon to get the springfield armory "loaded" compact. i will try to find my book that shows you what to correct by your shot placement to get dead on. if i recall correctly your anticipating the jump and are gripping the pistol with a bit more strength, throwing alot of your shots in a southwest direction. i will look, but you definitely stopped your threat in the silhouette. also remember, if you buy another one, check with me first i will dave you alot of money and prolly get you some super secret stuff too [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Next time I go out shooting, I'm bringing a friend along to load magazines for me. I'm going to have the individual randomly load some "snap caps" in there so we can get a good analysis of what the hell I'm doing wrong. I imagine it is anticipating the recoil and junk like that. Oh well, finally bringing it in to a reasonable area. What's the requirements for shooting for CCW permit? And at what distance, if y'all have any idea?

Want to get me one of them permits one of these days so I'll not have to worry about all the transportation BS rules... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]</font>
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

during training we had people load snap caps in for us to and then we would have to smack the mag to make sure its secure and the rack the slide once discharging the junk cap out. we also used an old used shell to simulate a stove pipe jam and cleared it by running your hand flat across the top of the slide going backwards. that stuff is fun.
not sure about the ccw stuff, i never had to do it. if you need me to find out i'll call my gun club for you though. of and also i can usually get a good deal on ammo in bulk so if you want a 1000 rounds give me a call and i'll get you a price on it too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

alright Tim i just got back from the gun store and i decided that im going to buy a kimber instead. little more pricey but a darn good gun. i am between the ultra carry and pro carry. i will be getting stainless with night sights [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i would like to know what you've heard about those two. they were much lighter and the trigger pull was like butter
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I've not heard much about any of the compacts... If it's a series II Kimber (Identifyable by a II after the model name) be careful that the grip safety works with minimal force on it. I've heard that the design they use isn't always the greatest, it's a real crapshoot, you might get one that works flawlessly, or you might get one that you have to be king kong to squeeze in enough to get the trigger to pull... I know if I had to get a series II kimber I'd rip that grip safety system right out of there, due to it being just another thing to potentially go wrong... [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Other than that I've heard they're quite nice firearms... [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If you can dig up a series I I'd go that route instead...</font>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yes i should have been more clear.... to be more precise its something like the Stainless Ultra Carry II w/ Night Sights (its a new one). i felt it today and the grip work great and with little pressure.....the trigger pull was beautiful every time. i will find a liml to it and post it for you so you can see it a little better. thanks

here is a peek at it without doing all the acrobat crap http://www.impactguns.com/store/product990.html
i am between that ultra and the pro.....wondering if it ouwld want a little bulkier one ? ? ? hmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode