Going to be a big dog or what? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Going to be a big dog or what?

Okay last summer my dog got ran over I know it sucked [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] But my mom and rest of the family wanted to get another dog but in the spring . So here it comes it's getting warmer and just so happens my friends bosses dog just had 8 puppys. The dog is a Husky and I can't rember either a malimute or Malibu I think it was Malimute , It sounded like my buddy told me malibu but I don't think there is such a breed. So I am going with Malimuta/ Husky think this will be a good size dog , I seen huskys and think they are beautiful ! And the dog is for the right price free! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 08:44 AM

Re: Going to be a big dog or what?

You're right, it's Malamute. Not Malibu, that's a Chevy... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But yeah, that'll be a good sized dog, probably about 2 ft tall at the shoulder and around 75 lbs or so. And they are real good looking dogs too! But, just a warning, they are a very high energy dog. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 10:29 AM

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
<font color="blue"> Huskys and Malimutes are great dogs!! I had a full blooded Malimute and she was the coolest dog I've ever had and definitly the biggest! She was a good 3ft tall at her head and weighed between 75-120lbs most of her adult life. I could sit down with a big plate of nachos and some coke and the dog would eat chips and coke with me [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I suspect all the s**t I feed her over her 9 years may have had something to do with her liver failing [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img], but hey, she had a good lifeand certainly ate better than some critters [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]. I'm going to get a new malimute when I can afford one again. (They eat a LOT.) This time I'd like a red colored one, male, who I'll prolly call Crankshaft [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. </font color>
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Thats cool I like a bigger size dog , I wanted to get a bull mastif but my old man said are you nuts you pay to feed the thing. I wanted a dog big enough for people to see just in case he ever ventured out to the road like the last one did. I think we are going to try that invisible fencing maybe that will help a bit . [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 04:39 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I wanted to get a bull mastif but my old man said are you nuts you pay to feed the thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha ha....feeding them isn't the problem...its drool control [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. My folks have a 150 lb Bull Mastiff named Chase, and he drinks out of a horse bucket, and when he's done about two cupfuls pour out of his mouth as he's walking away from the dish [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
They have to keep small towels around the house so they can wipe the drool off his mouth when they see him, or he'll fling it all over the furniture and walls...he he he.
However, he is a beautiful dog...and they love him to death...but he's a little too big [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

Good luck with yours.

Cory [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Rem I want one bad but he would stay outside in the barn, thats where all our other dogs stayed, Our last one ate and killed all the cats we had in the barn but wasen't fast enough for the mice so that sucked , I need a dog that might leave cats alone . I guess as long as the dog grows up around the cats he or she might tend to not want to eat them as much [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I know what you mean about the drool buckets! My uncle had one and he lived in town . Big dog like that no good in town , He was very portective and took a chunk out of the mail mans ash whe he broke his chain [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So you know what comes next byby Mastif he didn't get put to sleep just sold .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode