Favorite Venison Recipe ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Favorite Venison Recipe ?

Just getting sick of the same old venison , Looking for a new taste if you have any good deer meat marinades or recipes for it Please fill me in . [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:52 AM

Re: Favorite Venison Recipe ?

venison taco's ...... cut 3 # deer steaks into 1 inch cubes, add 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tblspn crushed red pepper ,1 tblspn cumin , add a couple of tblspns of the oil of your choice (i like lard)venison has very little fat in the meat so you need something to keep it from searing to the pan . brown this in a 8 quart pressure cooker over medium heat . when browned add 3 cups of water and two packages of Lawry's taco seasoning . stir it up and get it "boiling" then place the lid on the cooker . let some of the steam and air escape then place the weighted pressure cap in the steam vent . let the pressure rise until the steam sarts to escape from under it then reduce the heat to between simmer and medium . you want to cook it at the point where the steam is barely escaping for 15-20 minutes . remove from the heat and let the pressure drop(just remove the weighted cap and let it vent) . when it is all de pressurized open it up and smash the little cubes with a spoon or potato masher .you now have shredded venison taco meat ...you may want to check the water level after 8 minutes so that you dont scorch it to the bottom of the pan or change the recipe to suit your tastes but this is how i do it ....enjoy ....Von Warner [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Sounds great thanks Von! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 11:06 AM

Why not just use venison as a substitute for beef? I made "beef" stew with venison once, and it turned out great! I've never tried a venison-specific recipe.

You can't go wrong with foodtv.com. (there's 57 venison recipes there!).
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Yea we have used it for stew also it is the best , I was just looking for something a little different. My fav marinade is speedy sauce , You can get it at the store its called salimedies speedy sauce . You let the deer meat marinade in that for a night and cook it on the grill .mmm Man now your cooking awesome stuff!!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode