4wd/all wheel drive - SUV and Cars - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

4wd/all wheel drive - SUV and Cars

..retards..comparing car drivers to suv/truck drivers...with 4wd and all wheel drive umhm...

Clicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 4wd/all wheel drive - SUV and Cars

did you hear what that guy said......all you people with 4wd's have big heads, and you dont know how to stop.

i agree shorts....what silly people
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 10:32 AM

Interesting....goes back to the "Perception is reality" thing...silly indeed. A friend of mine is shopping for a new vehicle, and he said "no way man, I don't want a 4x4, I want an all wheel drive, they're waaay better" [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 10:56 PM
LowGearMonster

I was agueing with my cousin trying to tell him that his dad's AWD Mountaineer is not a true 4WD. AWD=Road, 4WD=Offroad. Oh well, what are you going to do. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

yeah, my position is, it's not 4wd unless it has 4lo and 4hi
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

im lost with all this awd, 4wd, 4x4, 4x2 (there was one more) as far as im consurned its eather pavement 4x4 or off pavement 4x4.
and its not only 4x4 drivers speeding, i speed no matter what i drive as long as i can control it [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 05:09 AM

It's all in the driver I have a fourwheel drive toyota and I don't even hardly use 4 wd in the snow on the roads I like to use 2wd because I can tell how fast is to fast , You can go anywhere as long as you take it slow. In 2wd you can feel the ass end slide a little so be easy on the gas and you will not be sliding at all except for starting out. I seen more AWD Idiots who think they can fly because they have it , in ditches more than any other vehicle this winter and I would laugh and drive by nice and slow in 2wd with my 4wd truck. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 10:29 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
In 2wd you can feel the ass end slide a little so be easy on the gas and you will not be sliding at all except for starting out. I seen more AWD Idiots who think they can fly because they have it

[/ QUOTE ]
That's an excellent point - the only time that I put it in 4wd in the winter is when the snow is too deep to continue in 2wd. I get really peeved when I see guys trying to show off in their AWD minivans by driving fast on ice when they have their kids in the back! Sometimes you want to see the idiots fly off the road, but when they have their kids with them, what the hell are they thinking??
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

i'm tired of being told..."oh yeah, its all wheel drive too!!..."...........uh, like i care? AWD doesn't impress me [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey wait a min guys and gals, I have an all wheel drive Grand Caravan also and can tell you that it does make a diff in traction around here, of course we usually get dumped on by a lot of snow so I am all wheel or 4 wheel everything kinda guy. As far as the "guy in his all wheel minivan flyin by on the ice" comment, hey I drive that way wether its icy or not, though I do slow up when the wiff and chillens is wit me [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I guess when you drive in the $hit 6 months of the year, you just get that way, so if you don't like it make sure you stay way to the right shoulder so you don't get in my way! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode