lame!!! PO'd copyright related - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:45 AM
mikrosilakhan

lame!!! PO\'d copyright related

Just got a dvd player for my b-day so im all happy. I hooked it up and thought it was screwed up. The menus are fine but when i played the movie it was all screwed up liek when a vcr tape is off tracking. I found out what it is. The DVD manufacturers made copyright protection so that if it detects its going through a vcr it wont work!!! friggin BS!!!!!!! BS BS BS BS BS.... for one, now companies are controlling HOW we can hook up our electronics? WHats microsoft starting to go into new directions? 2 I have a older but great tv that works perfectly fine. i CANNOT hook up the dvd directly to my tv. So now i know why ALL and i do mean ALL of my freinds have had such problems hooking up there dvd players.. Basicly im screwed and have to buy a new tv cuz of these @sses. But just liek when someone screws me over i dont say anything, ill get back tenfold somehow. I WILL find a way to get my money back from the industry for this. Its a joke and rediculous. I knwo they dont want there crap copied, but whats the deal? Do they not think if someones gonna copy it they just wont rent the tape instead of the dvd? morons [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: lame!!! PO\'d copyright related

I can record from my DVD player to VCR with no problem!??!?! I have a Sony.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Uhhh, a lot of the tapes are copyrighted also. Doesn't matter though, if someone really wants to copy something they WILL find a way, so the manufacturers do that just to keep the numbers of people doing it down. Easier to prosocute a few hundred or thousand than it is to try and prosocute tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:51 PM
mikrosilakhan

is your sony alittle older, not super old or anyhitng but it think its maybe some of the older players didnt have the copyright protection support yet? My freinds downstairs is hooked up to the vcr also. Just bought a rca to coaxle adapter and diddnt work. lame lame lame lame lame. I realy ahve no choice BUT to get a new tv, wich will be exaclty about what i was just planning to spend on for a good home subwoofer.... [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:54 PM
mikrosilakhan

i forgot about the tape copyright try.. I think they stopped trying that didnt they?? I remeber they aslo tried it on tv, movies woul dhave a small scribble in them when you tried recording them. Didnt help either so thats no more. I htink they should look at bigger issues that this.

Key issue also with the copyright protected tapes is it only kicked in when trying to make them, not trying to simply whatch them
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 03:01 PM

i had a problem like that with my PS2, i used rca cables to connect it to my vcr, and it did that very same thing. So i went out and got an RF adapter, and now it works fine [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Just buy a device called an "RF Modulator". What that allows you to do is use RCA connectors out of your DVD player and it outputs the data through a coaxial cable which is a format older TV's can use. That's how I've got my Toshiba 5 DVD changer set up to my somewhat older Philips/Magnavox TV set...

</font>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Mud in my Veins

that doesnt make sense, how could the DVD player detect that you're running through a VCR? Run the RF modulator into your "antenna in" coax on the VCR then you can still watch VHS and DVD and shouldnt have problems with DVD copyright mumbo jumbo, though I really dont see how they can detect a VCR vs a TV. Anybody know a site that explains the technical theory behind it? [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 04:47 PM

I dunno how they do it, but even my PS2 knew. Must be some sort of voltage change that the dvd player can detect? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:06 PM
mikrosilakhan

yea im unsure how it knows... strangley enough one of the movies that isnt detecting is lord of the rings so i can wwhatch that and a few others..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode