Monster Garage & Why it SUCKS! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Corey-88K5

Monster Garage & Why it SUCKS!

I've been wanting to post something since Monday. That show is really starting to piss me off. Get this, last monday they took a brand new mini and built it into a snow mobile. The crappy thing this, they are only supposed to get 3k to spend to build this item. Ok, so they get the Mini donated, but you can't tell me that they can justify the: Free- Snowmobile tracks & Suspension/brakes, Free Motors, Free Exhaust, free tires & wheels! Give me a friggin break. Any damn monkey can build a car into a sno-mobile in 7 days if budget isn't a concern. Hell, they even have thousands of dollars worth of tools available to do all the real work. Give one guy a hack saw, hammer and a stick welder, 3k and have him build a snow mobile vehicle in 7 days and that may be interesting!

I've already got this rock crawler show figured out. Here is how its going to happen. GM is going to donate a Hummer or Jeep will donate a Rubicon. The people building the truck will be designers from GM, JEEP, Dynatrac, ..... As far as parts, They are going to get some huge Diesel engine (for free) Turbo Charger (For Free) Intercooler (For Free), Atlas II T-case (Free) Dynatrac super axles, with lockers and gears (Free) Totally custom air-bag suspension (Free), x2 Winch Bumper (Free), x2 Warn protptyope 10million lb winch (Free), Rock SLiders & Body Armor (free), Roll Cage (Free) Seats (Free), Tires and Wheels (Free) and jessy will spend 2500 for rocks to be dumped in the street to find out if the truck works, not to mention some Choko-taco's that will come out to around 2506.00 And yet another BS show full of crap.

This show SUCKS!

Can you tell I'm pissed? I'd rather watch survivor or jo Mama's Millonare. Hell, isn't there something about breeding habits of red butt monkeys on or something??????

Don't even get me started about Trucks and the fag Stacy (what is it with guys with girl names trying to be cool on TV?) Why does that looser (Where is the Mullet hunter when you need one???) have to kick everything to prove its bolted on??? FU#%IN IDIOT! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]

Corey [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 12:14 PM

Re: Monster Garage & Why it SUCKS!

How come you're posting this in the Toyota forum?

Anyhow, I agree all the freebies are annoying - but it's still interesting to watch. And it was hilarious when Jessie had to pay $500 to a guy because he was betting that the other guy didn't know his business (the Explorer dump truck show). Jessie doesn't seem to do any work, but seems to get all the credit in the end.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Corey-88K5

"How come you're posting this in the Toyota forum?"

Um... Because I have a toyota and I come here to look at topics..

Other than that, no real reason. Here is a cut-n-paste for a few pictures of my truck.

Corey

http://www.wildyoats.com/new_page_2.htm

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 01:07 PM

yeah that stacy on trucks is gay!

i liked it better when he had that dude to help with the show. i keep hoping they will quit showing reruns and continue the build up of the bronco. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 01:10 PM

Your signature picture doens't load, so if it's of a Toyota, then I'm so sorry [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I had looked at the site you linked to in your profile, and it was all Chevy.

Usually this type of stuff goes in the General Chit Chat forum here - the guys there love to talk about that type of thing.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

you posted here, toyota, chevy, ck5.........dude thats starting to whore!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 06:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, the man's got a beef with Monster Garage, gotta vent somehow. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

then he doesnt have to watch it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Corey %100 - I do fabrication (steel and aluminum) , electrical / hydraulic systems, -- all that stuff they do on that show. I watched it one time and decided it's pretty stupid. I wish someone would donate a bunch of parts like that and I could build the same stuff.
I love how they say "heres joe, he's a hydraulics expert...." and the idiot got the pressure and return hoses backwards and blew up the pump - HA! [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 09:37 PM

Yeah, i was extremely disappointed with that episode. Usually they do some neat stuff, but this time around it seemed like everything was donated, and the so called 'experts' had no clue what they were doing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode