Imagine if you saw this car coming at you... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Imagine if you saw this car coming at you...

It's a crazy contraption. 4 wheel steering and runs backwards.

The dialup-ers might want to stay away (14MB). It'll take about 2 minutes at 1.5mbit to download.

http://www.wrath.com/images/stupid/malec.wmv

You might want to do a right click "save target as" because I don't know many people but me that can stream it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Imagine if you saw this car coming at you...

no way wrath that loaded in like 10 seconds for me [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

what havoc that would cause on the tires and many other things but that was sweet. i once had a huge lifted chevy truck coming at me at the local movie theater like that...wigged me out.
nice video, it was fun
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:26 PM

No problem here either Wrath, I was loaded up and playing it in about ten seconds also...good connection I guess.
That is the wierdest thing I've seen in a while, but funny, did ya hear him chirping the tires when he shifted into second?..he he he. And you could tell he didn't have complete control of that thing all the time either, couple of those turns didn't look like they were on purpose.
What was neat was the two steering wheels, two seats, etc, etc, but facing opposite directions...great for chatting to a friend while driving...sitting right in front of you...ha ha ha ha ha. Interesting though.
Rembrant
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No troubles streaming it here either. Only an ignorant british a hole would come up with something as lame as that. Personaly I woulda been happy to see the local constables pulling an idiot like that over and halling him straight to the clink. It's morons like that that get people killed, I am glad they don't live in my town. All that said, I am still laughing my a$$ off over that [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

A lot of people have slow cable/dsl (256kbps) and I've got 1544kbps. The movie is 512kbps or something so you'd need a 768 connection. My webhosting provider always has plenty of bandwidth so I knew that wasn't going to be a problem.

Those guys are crazy. If you notice, sometimes there are two guys in there, both operating steering wheels.

It was cool but rather dangerous. Apparently they've spent a lot of time driving it to get a hang of it otherwise they'd have swapped paint in some of those situations.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 08:22 PM

well it dont work at all for me [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] maybe it is my knuckle dragging mentality but all that comes up when i click on it is a bunch of nonsense type letters . any hints on how to get it to work on my computimitator? be gentle...... Von Warner [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 09:42 PM
LowGearMonster

Now that was cool. It's guys like that that need to go on Junkyard Wars. I loved it when he went around a corner and it didn't even look like he steered. I would love to take a car like that for a spin in a field. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 10:11 PM

hahahaha, that was cool!
Not something id ever spend the time on, but it sure must be fun to drive!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 10:51 PM

Holy sheisse, I was just talking to DanStew about doing something similar but with a pick-up, and swapping the engine and axles around so it appeared to be running in reverse...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 10:06 AM

lol the word "alignment" kept coming to mind [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode