Off Roading Forums banner

Snow!!!

2K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  wrath 
#1 ·
We are getting pounded with snow here in PA!

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah!
this is gonna be a great snow storm. Im in central NJ, and right now its been comin down non stop since about 3, but in southern jersey its been goin all day. Theyre calling for 18-25" here now!!! WOW, it hasnt snowed that much here in.....jeez, i dunno, over 15 years?
must.....go.......wheeling!

#6 ·
my cousin called from Lansdale, PA this morning and told me she didnt have to go to work because of the state of emergency

G
#10 ·
yoat,
i live in drums. bout 5 minutes from hazleton. bout 25-45 depending on traffic on the interstate to pocono's 80 exit.
i've made it to pocono's in 15 minutes in friends old scirocco (vw). good stuff. anyway yeah i'm there, if u make a mud run
or trail run let me know, send me a pm and i'll give the cell number. always looking for a trip.

theo

#12 ·
You'd think you people have never seen snow before.

It's nice that you're getting it instead of us. It's cloudy today but before that it sunshined for 3 days in a row. That's like a record or something. Lake Superior is about 80% frozen now so we actually get sun instead of snow all day.

#14 ·
haha we were getting 6" an hour the other day!
we had temps of above 20* today and everyone was running around in sweatshirts instead of coats and driving with their windows cracked. funny how people react

#15 ·
Heck yea maybe this spring we will get up and make some runs. I know a good place back an old railroad bed that has a real big resivor. Its called the watres resivor its off of RT502 coming up from moosic or duryea. Do you have a quad? Dam I just seen the new icons great

G
#18 ·
yoat,

no quad and currently no truck. still looking for a deal. the guy i was supposed to buy the k10 off of never called back. so i'm now short shafted with a caddie and that needs to get the water pump replaced. blah stupid cars.

theo

G
#20 ·
actually working on an angle here to get father to buy a quad to plow his driveway in the winter and yard work in the summer. that way i can "borrow" it. and i'm still searching for my pickup. should have one by summer if not we'll be able to work something out.

theo

G
#22 ·
driveway is 300 ft long uphill. it costs him $120 for 2 spins up there with a local guy cheapest he can find. was contimplating a snowblower but gonna push the quad. let me see if i have a pic on here of somewhat . blah too lazy to find it. but its a huge driveway i'll have to rescan.

theo

#24 ·
plus snowblowers dont work well in really deep snow, they plug up in heavy sluchy snow, and they are a beotch to push up a slick hill of a driveway

the 4wheeler is the only way to go. then you could just push the snow around with a big plow on it, and use it all summer long.

#25 ·
Well, I went junkyarding again today. I was tired of wading through snow after about half an hour. Sometimes I could walk on top of it but once in a while I'd fall to my hips. I didn't find what I was looking for but I figured I'd take a couple pictures before I left. It hasn't snowed in over a week. I hope it holds off long enough for me to drive to my parents' on clean asphalt.

here's the other one: http://www.wrath.com/images/snow/junkyard2.JPG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.