Hardcore bikers....ummmm - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Hardcore bikers....ummmm

OK, I had to post this, but today the wife and I are shopping in Bayers Lake, and what do we see in amongst all the traffic....a guy on a Harley Davidson...LOL, this may not seem strange at any other time, bit today its -24 degrees celcius, and the roads are still half snow covered...., thats about -10 in the US. The guy was even wearing an open face helmet, but had a scarf wrapped around his face.....talk about dedicated...LOL. He was pulling out of a snow covered parking lot, and there was still some on his tires. He sure had that thing shined and polished up though. I love bikes, but not enough to drive one in February around here...ha ha ha. Just had to share.
Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 04:54 PM
LowGearMonster

Re: Hardcore bikers....ummmm

I've never been big on motorcycles. I think they look good, but never cared to ride them. I don't really call that dedication, I call it stupidity. One good lean on a snowy curve and he's road hamburger. Sorry to sound harsh but thats the way I see it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Red asphalt, mon. He probably just purchased it.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Addict

I rode with a snowmobile suit in the snow one time on a motorcycle but now very far. Its really not a smart thing to do. Its when your young dumb and full of *** well you got the point [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 01:05 AM

One of my favorite pastimes is getting together a few friends and taking our bikes for a snow bound ride. These are dirtbikes mind you I can't imagine a 750 pound Harley though.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 09:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i almost bought a bike last year. a 550cc crotch rocket. but the riding time around my area (comfortably) is only 3 months. that means for 9months you pay insurance for having it parked in a garage. maybe if i move ot arizona or someplace warm but not right now. kinda sucks, bikes are fun to ride.

theo/stuper
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Stuper,
Three months, Geeez, I thought you got better weather than that in Pennsylvania, even up here in the great white north, we get about six months worth of "bike weather". Back when I was riding bikes in highschool, you could still buy the six months worth of insurance, but now its a full year here also, so thats why you'll see guys out in the winter on a sunny day. I typically used to start in May, on select days, and then finish up in October, and most of October's driving was during the day only, as the evenings got a little too cool. Later.
Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 04:50 PM

No it freakin rains alot here . He is right about 3maybe 4 if your lucky! We are getting pounded with snow right now [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 12:34 PM

I used to ride year round, but not on the street. I actually still would if I had a toy to play on. It's on my list of tings to get. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

around here you can get insurance for six months or a year, both cost preatty much the same.
i rode my bike couple times in fabruary, but it was worm like the last two days here, high 40s. two pairs of jeans, two pairs of socks, thick coat with couple of sweat shirts, full face helmet and some thick gloves and your good to go as long as you remember that bike tires don't do very well when theyre cold, blew a red light i would have stopped for easyly in sommer from 50mph i got it down to only 30 at the intersection because the tires wouldn't stick, i was so glad there was an abulance sitting at the light, he saw me coming or reather sliding to the light (no snow, just cold tires), most other shmucks would have cut me off. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode