Hey CHAD, w3tadmin, Sandman - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hey CHAD, w3tadmin, Sandman

would it be possible to get another forum for debating issues? then people could debate with each other over various different topics and only the people who want to read it would go there. then the chit chat forum could operate as usual. i think this would be a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 08:22 AM

Re: Hey CHAD, w3tadmin, Sandman

Sparty,
I don't know whether or not to agree with ya on this one, it might be a good idea, but it could be bad also....dunno. I was kinda hoping the Cadillac thread would fade away also, I guess ya never know. For somebody to just drop by the Chit Chat forum, and add a reply to a thread that no-one else in here will touch, isn't worth typing to. I'd Let 96warrior play in the Cadillac thread forever, just don't bother replying to her. Just my thoughts from the peanut gallery.
Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i knwo what your saying but for the peopel who only wish to constantly have debates, let them run free. remember when the chit chat forum consisted of good info like "why does bread mold?" those were good times [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 09:03 AM

Sparty,

Yeah, OK, now I see yer point. Some folks enjoy it I guess.

Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 10:09 AM

i agree ... that bread mold post was a classic [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] thats the sort of stuff the chit chat forum should be about . good clean fun, no name calling, pi$$ing matches , egotistical brand loyalty issues or people that are just plain ole fashion IDIOTS!!!! everyone is entitled to an opinion but come on what does one gain by brow beating another member into submission ? am i missing something here ? in the real world most people just state there opinion and step aside.. because in the real world there are people that might disagree with your opinion that are 6' 3"and weigh 275 #'s and will pinch your head off if you start some little chicken sh*t argument about wether or not their Ford is better than your Chevy . in the real world people who are not polite or are direspectful of another persons opinion are quickly dealt with. on the internet people have a tendancy to be a little rude and overstep the boundries that would normally prevent bodily harm in the real world. if everyone would just lighten up a bit and honor everyones opinion and use the same etiquette one might use in a biker bar when they decide to
bring up the fact that most every import bike ever built will beat a Harley . then maybe we will see some courtesy when it comes to opinions and all the other trivial things we argue about over here ..... "just mine" ...Von Warner [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 10:10 AM

It's something like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1023005-Threemonkeys.jpg (29.1 KB, 11 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Mud in my Veins

Sparty, it's as simple as not clicking on the link, whats the problem? You and your chit-chat forum bashing, jeesh! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

its just that any single thread can turn into a huge uproar now. you never know when or where but there is going to be a huge debate about something. so i say let the good time threads roll on, and if a thread brings about something you would wish to argue about rather than talk about, go to the debate forum and have at it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OK people, here I go again babysitting. lol

The bashing has to stop, now! You know who you are!!!!! I started this Chitchat forum for topics like Why does bread mold. Good stuff, good times. When everybody starts going rounds and are at each others throats, the forum looks VERY bad for new and potential members.

I have gotten a bunch of PM's from everybody here in one way or another. Everybody has their own idea of how the forum should be. I cannot catch every single thread and moderate them....besides, I don't want to nor should I have to. Everybody here should be able to control their own emotions and words and not let others comments get to them.

Please do not make me close this Chit Chat forum because people cannot learn to get a long...............................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode