Shuttle Is Obsolete - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Shuttle Is Obsolete

I am posting this because I found it to be a very interesting article. I usually do not like the Times, and am not promoting their magazine, but none the less it is something that all should read. Thru knowledge shared, can the mistakes of the past not be repeated. Time Magizine Article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Fluke

Re: Shuttle Is Obsolete

Very interesting article! It is sad that the politicians dont care enough of about the astronauts that they have not changed things to make them more safe! I remember watching the challanger explosion in school when I was a kid. It is too bad that the politicians only care about making money for themselves. The authors point about capitalism I think is a little off, capitalism works fine as long as politicians dont get involved and use the idea of the designer with the deepest pockets! The article was very informative but I have about the same opinion as you do on the Times, I stoped reading it a long time ago, I dont like being spoon feed someone elses opinion. I like to read the facts and then make up my owm mind about it. I am almost to the point where I dont think anything anyone does will change the problems with corrupt politicians though, but I always hope for the best!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 07:00 PM

i got an idea, how about figure out how much each politicians constituates earns per year and then calculate the percentage of folks that fit into each tax bracket . then take the results from that and set the wages of each politicians to match the average wage of the average taxpayer under their reign .... take the money away and maybe you would get someone in there that really wants to do good job instead of greedy career politicians just looking for any oportunity to impose a tax hike so that they can raise their wages and retirment benefits. there ought to be a law saying that if you have never had to walk in the mans shoes that you plan on representing then you cant represent him .....Von Warner [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 01:11 AM
LowGearMonster

I say we put all those corrupt polititions in a big dirt arena with the American Gladiators and have them try to win their paycheck. That would be great to see the gladiators runnin' em down in those steel cage hamster balls and bashin' em with those giant Q-Tips. Pepsi and GNC would sponsor it in a heart beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode