Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   The NOT-Off-Road Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/)
-   -   Sad news for the U.S. ....... (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/152656-sad-news-u-s.html)

piaa_nissan 02-01-2003 12:12 PM

Sad news for the U.S. .......

Just found out the space shuttle belw up upon it's return, the last one happened when I was in eighth grade. Never thought I'd see it happen again. God rest their souls [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 02-01-2003 12:30 PM

Re: Sad news.......

I've been watching all morning too. This is really sad. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I still remember watching the Challenger back in '86 and this brings up lots of sad memories.
...R.I.P... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sparty 02-01-2003 12:40 PM

a good number of folks on the board dont even recall the crash in '86 so this is all new to them, including me! may God have mercy on them and those still in space today

Drey 02-01-2003 04:38 PM

i was 2 year old when the challenger exploded 72 seconds after take off...
this really opens a persons eyes in seeing how even mechanical marvels can fail

Im sure i speak for everyone when i saw we will pray for the victims and their family and friends

AJMBLAZER 02-01-2003 06:55 PM

Re: Sad news for the U.S. .......

It's sad, and really makes me remember a few far off dusty memories from when I was in 1st grade.

The thing is we can't let the nay-sayers let this shut down the Shuttle Program. We've got 2 astronauts and a cosmonaut up there in the space station, and we need to get them back down, and keep working on that station. If we let them use the escape pod, we're basically admitting defeat in my eyes. I'm sure when we're cruising around in something like Star Wars or Star Trek, there will be accidents then too. Brave people take big risks, they knew it, and all we can do is honor them by pushing on in their memory.

muddybronco 02-01-2003 10:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also on board was Ilan Ramon, a colonel in the Israeli air force who was the first citizen of his country to fly in space.

[/ QUOTE ]
really sad for Israel, this mission was a huge milestone for them [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

CodyZ71 02-01-2003 11:01 PM

I first heard about it soon as I got in the car this morning... I couldn't belive it... I just saw it take off a couple weeks ago... FROM MY HOUSE... last I ever saw her [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Lost a Eastern Washington person too... Not too far (200 miles) from where I lived.