How to get a ricer down the strip faster... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

How to get a ricer down the strip faster...

A solution that causes another problem is no solution at all, so we convened for a brainstorming session. From this swirling cloud of brain, Dan Barnes emerges, Sawzall in hand, and utters three simple words. "Chicks dig convertibles."

Make sure you look at the bottom right picture. It's priceless.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208_scared/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 12:51 PM

Re: How to get a ricer down the strip faster...

Hey Wrath,
Whats a guy like you doing reading Sport Compact anyway? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]..j/k. Geeez, why'd they stop there, they coulda cut off everything behind the drivers seat, and knocked off another couple hundred pounds...LOL. Be a great rig for the beach, although you'd hafta keep your teeth closed while talking to keep the bugs out [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!!
Interesting nonetheless.
Rembrant

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, I think they should've done what Car Craft does to get down the strip faster when there isn't anything left they can remove. Drill holes.

One of my friends who is in to fast import scene said "take a look at this, it's a bit tongue-in-cheek though".
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 06:53 PM
wrobel

it's riding on a donut....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

that guy looks too fat to drive that light of a car. they need to teach a monkey how to drive that thing, and then if its still too heavy.....a squirel
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Mud in my Veins

HOT ROD did that years ago. Caddihack and Pontihack. They ripped EVERYTHING unneccessary off of some old beasts, and got some decent numbers out of it.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 08:18 PM
wrobel

man, i could cut so much more out of that frame it's not funny. you don't need all that flooring!, just get some thin metal pipes and some thick cardboard. there's your floor. get rid of the gas tank and use a plastic 5 gallon container instead. who needs a racing seat? just use some cardboard and a pillow.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yeah, Car Craft starts drilling holes to make it go faster. I remember they did that to a thirdgen.

There's a lot more that can be cut out. Who needs any pillars if the roof is gone? I bet that unibody is mighty flimsy without a roof or glass though.

I think a milk crate or cooler would be sufficient for a seat. It's not like you actually want to be seatbelted in that thing if you crash because you're guaranteed to get crushed.

Five gallon gas can? Hah. I say eliminate the tank and the plumbing too and just use the windshield washer fluid reservoir.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 09:49 PM
wrobel

I like it! you could use a 1 gallon gas can too. cause the washer fluid resvoir might melt from the gasoline. a few steel tubes that go from front to back will hold that unbidy construction nice and tight, and then you can cut even more away till you have nothing but tubes and no mroe unibody construction.

then....if you want to get crazy...you could be like Murdock and build a helicopter out of extra tubes and a blow dryer!

the A team warped my mind as a child
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 10:10 PM

I just looked at the pic again, and it looks like they only left the drivers side pillar on...probably for the shoulder belt I guess....like that would help when the thing folded up like an accordian..LOL...interesting though.

Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode