who should "step down" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

View Poll Results: me or him
me a dic (pfunk) 9 50.00%
he a dic (mark4runner) 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

who should \"step down\"

ok fellas, enough fun, should i back out of the funky mark fight or him. the choice is yours, will i be labeled the dic or him, but you decide who should back down, cause this is getting rediculess (some more good grammer),, thank you for your time
[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 01:36 PM

Re: who should \"step down\"

i dont know what this is all about but i know that mark knows how to cook so he gets my vote . other than that i have no other opinions ...Von Warner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 02:21 PM

Thanks Eric.

Personally, I don't think that anybody has to "step down." If the insults and manufacturer-bashing stops, then it'll end itself with everyone a winner. I appologize if I've offended anyone - I've tried to keep my posts as fact-based and insult free as I could (but you have to have SOME fun).

We're all a bunch of tough guys here, so I'm sure no-one has been injured too much.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

are you kidding, or trying to earn browny points with the people who havent read that disgusting thread. thier should be a prerequsite to read the cadillac post before you can vote. i will back down, no problem, but you keep laying in on everyone who has an opinion that isnt like yours
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 02:52 PM

Relax man. Why do you need to be so inflammatory? I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a "dic." But you gotta calm down before you have an aneurysm.

I'm open to hear anyone's opinion - if they tag it as opinion. If someone feels the need to post negative and unsubstantiated remarks about manufacturers that they dislike and pass it off as fact, then they need to be corrected.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you. Escapism coupled with anger isn't healthy.

Maybe I am the "dic," but you need help.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

anyway, after this brand war deal or whatever you want to call it. the only reason i steped in your crap again was that you were blatently picking on cory. i dont care who started what here, this so called poll is to dictate who steps down, for example, if i recieve the "dic" status, i will no longer continue the thread, i will apologize to you and yours and be on my merry way. if you recieve the dic status, you will back out, and stop downing people for thier opinion and LEARN something out of it, i will show proof of the claims that i made.
gentlemens agreement??
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 03:25 PM

If you stop insulting me and stop making false and inflammatory claims, then I will stop the defence.

Your strategy is based on your assumption that all your buddies will vote for you - which may be what happens. I'm OK with that because I see it for what it is worth.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 06:59 PM

Hello Folks,
Well, just so I would understand all this, I read the Cadillac thread word for word in its entirety, and I have to admit, it was exhausting. Of course we all have our opinions, but we all should be exercising brand sensitivity, especially on the chit chat forum where there is multi-brand contributors. I do have one thing to say, and its not against anybody or anything, but being a Toyota truck owner, and my wife having an Acura, I often hear "wow, I don't know how you can afford the parts for those things!". This does bother me a little because for the most part, the parts are no more expensive than the domestic rigs.....maybe some of the oddball stuff is, but thats usually the case with anything, I've listened to many teary eyed Cavalier and Caravan owners about the dollars they've spent on parts...its terrible. Geeez, a friend of mine just had a set of those oem self levelling shocks put on his Caravan, and all total it was $1000 cdn. I ran diesel VWs for years and heard the same thing, and the parts for them were very cheap, and I've bought parts for everything, Chevys, Fords, Nissans, etc. I just had to say it I guess.
Anyhow guys, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cory
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

The Cadillac thread is gay. I can't even be bothered to read it all. I got the jest of it though.

Ricers suck. They're speedbumps. Very few ricers are built in the United States. None of the ricer money stays in the United States. Ricer companies invest very little in the United States economy. Ricers have virtually no stake in Canada.

Buying foreign hurts you too. Canadian auto jobs are becoming rare. Many trucks used to be made in Canada. Let's not forget what happened to the F-body. You guys bitch and moan about GM closing the plant... and say "we gave you 200+ million free taxes more than ten years ago... you owe us". 200 million is nothing to GM. GM has a 1 billion dollar plant in Lansing that has stalled because of enviromentalists. Canadian Auto Workers cost GM just as much as US AW so GM has no reason to stay in Canada since no one in Canada is buying GM. Look at what happened when the F-body plant closed... expect more.

Foreign costs more to fix. Go to a junkyard. It's the same price to buy new as to buy broken rice. Go price a set of rotors for a Nissan.. no go price a set of rotors for a Cavalier. Chances are a ricer will end up wrecked before it wears out... how many ricers do you see make it past 100k in the real world? Do you see ricers that say "130k" in the papers like you see Cavaliers and Z71s? If you say yes, you're full of donkey dung.

People say rice is more reliable. Well, they say that their education is better too. Rice students are tested vastly different than US students. All US students are tested whereas less than stellar rice students are forgotten about.

Wal-mart power buys. They force companies to do business with them in unethical ways. Check out Wally-world's business practices. You won't see many happy people.

I don't care if people buy rice. Just don't expect any sympathy from me. Don't expect me to listen to you when you say you're patriotic. Don't expect me not to deride you when you bitch about americans.

People can say rice is better. People can believe rice is better. People can't prove rice is better. Take a look at resale value. If they make it that far. Ricers have always been meant to be disposable cars. Anything a ricer has built a domestic has built better. You can use select instances to prove your point like the Hino heaps. GMC's Top Kick line used to do better than that. Heck, Ford even did better.

Long term TCO for a domestic is less.

If you want to go to lows of making fun of american's let's just make fun of the single word "defence". "De-fencing" was something american farmers started doing thirty years ago. Defense is the opposite of offense.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 11:28 PM

i didn't vote - although i read that insanely long caddy thread. i think all the parties involved eventually resorted to snide remarks, so no one should dare play innocent. if you are, i think you're a weeny for trying to squirm out of what you said.

anyway, it was an entertaining pissin' contest, but exhausting. i'd say can it, both of you, but that wasn't an option [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode