How to stop Kazaa auto startup? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

How to stop Kazaa auto startup?

Hello folks,
Just wondering if someone can tell me how to get Kazaa out of my start menu? When I boot up my computer, Kazaa automatically starts, thus slowing down my boot up time, and I only use it once in a while. I can't find anything in the Kazaa options, or properties. How do I access the windows start menu? And then choose for it to not start on PC startup, but set up for a manual start only? One of you Puter gurus must know?...LOL. PC is P3/550, w/ Windows ME.
Thanks if someone knows.

Cory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 05:39 PM
LowGearMonster

Re: How to stop Kazaa auto startup?

Get rid of Kazaa and get Win MX. It's way better. It runs off of your current software and won't slow your computer down.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 05:40 PM

Try going into (C:/windows/start menu) and delete Kazaa if it's in there. Program will still work, but it won't open when you start Windows.

OR

If it puts an icon in the lower-right corner of your screen, if you right-click on it, you may find settings to stop it from starting on windows start-up.

OR

If you want to uninstall it, try going into your windows "control panel" and using "add/remove programs."

I don't know what "Kazaa" is, but if it's like other programs, one of those should work.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 08:00 PM

Go to 'Tools - 'Options' - & it's right there on the first tab that pops up !! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
It's a checkbox that says 'Launch Kazaa automatically'

disclaimer: I haven't upgraded to the latest version here at home yet - so that may've changed a little w/ the update.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 09:11 PM

Heres a good tip for anyone with a long boot time and way too much useless crap on their computer. Click "run" under the start menu, and type in "msconfig". The tab on the far right will have all the crap that DOESNT show up in in Start_programs_Startup folder. Just uncheck some of those you dont need.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:55 AM

I didn't know about that one - that's a good tip!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 09:56 AM
mikrosilakhan

I wish Kazza wassnt such a POS... Great for finding stuff but the sharings lame. I share a few hundred unique songs but not the popular ones becuase my cables slow. Anyway i look at traffic and people still end up downloading non shared songs, so i click DO NOT SHARE FILES..... doesnt help, people still downloading file after file.... POS winMX is way better cept you usualy have to wait alittle more
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Mud in my Veins

another thing bout Kazaa, it will use 100% of your CPU time if you dont disable supernode in the options. Kazaa has been bugging me to upgrade for the last couple months, and i finally gave in (hesitantly) and sure enough they introduced some new BS. some kind of rating system for people that share files vs those that dont/cant... oh well, it's still free [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 10:10 AM

id steer away from kazaa, they have all this hidden crap in their software, and it really kills your cpu performance. Not to mention tons o spyware.
Use WinMX instead, it uses the same servers as kazaa, dont have any spyware, and it wont auto-run on start up unless you want it to.

Ha, i couldnt share files if i wanted to, cause WinMX cant figure out how to get through my firewall to allow users to download from me. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Oh well, i barely use it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode