Good Tunes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 11:17 PM
LowGearMonster

Good Tunes

I'm just doing this out of boredom. What song do you consider to be the perfect offroad song. Me personally, I think it's the Terminator Theme music or Goldberg's Theme music from WCW. Those viking like drums really get you pumped. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Addict

Re: Good Tunes

Don't know about the perfect song but I love to pop in LED ZEPPLINS "BLACK DOG" and hit the mud
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Saliva - always or click click boom
Drowning Pool - Bodies (let the bodes hit the floor)
Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:51 AM

Well, my personal fave for rippin and tearin would be "Song 2" by (Blur), although its a little short. How could that song NOT get your foot into the gas!!!!
For good ol fast wheelin [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], the blood pumpin stuff is always best, like Paradise City(GNR), Back In Black(AC~DC), Machinehead(Bush~X), Alive(P.O.D), Save Yourself(Stabbing Westward)....etc, etc,
But for good ol back road beer sippin, cigar smokin slo-wheelin, ya gotta play the more mellow stuff, maybe Black Water(Doobie Brothers), Mull Of Kintyre(Paul McCartney & Wings), Comfortably Numb(Pink Floyd), or Southern Cross(Crosby, Stills, & Nash)...etc, etc.
Anyhow, those are a few of my faves off the top of my head...interesting post though, I'm curious what everbody else is into. Later.
Rembrant [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 10:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

rage against the machine, hatebreed, cradle of filth, anything with a heavy beat and fast guitars work for me.

theo
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

A little bit of everything...

Alice in Chains - Rooster or Down in a Hole
Blur - Song 2
Bob Seger - Like a Rock (I can't believe no one has suggested it yet)
Bush - Glycerine or Machinehead or Greedy Fly
Collective Soul - December & Where the River Flows
Custom - Hey Mister
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness
Dynamite Hack - Boyz n the Hood
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot
Green Day - Brain Stew
Guano Apes - Open Your Eyes
Jerry Cantrell - Cut You In
Limp Bizkit - Take a Look Around
Local H - Bound for the Floor
Meat Puppets - Backwater
Metallica - King Nothing, One, Fuel, Ronnie, Wherever I May Roam, So What, et cetera
Offspring - Come Out and Play
Pantera - Cemetery Gates
Sammy Hagar - Serious JuJu and I Can't Drive 55
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Ava Adore, Zero, et cetera
Soundgarden - Blow Up The Outside World or Spoonman
Some STP songs
Tool - H and 46 & 2 are musts but they have a ton
The Verve Pipe - Veneer (especially if you live in Michigan and know about US31)

There are tons more. I have a MP3 CD player so I stick about 160 songs on my "beating the bush in search of sloppy wet holes" CD. I either get "I want an in dash mp3 cd player too" or "I used to have a nice stereo then I decided since the only time I could hear it was when the truck was off and parked that I didn't really need it".
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 02:06 PM

Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Open Your Eyes - Guano Apes (THANK YOU MNORBY [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Crawling In The Dark, and Running Away - Hoobastank
The Whole Nickelback CD
The Whole Puddle Of Mudd CD
Number 1, St Louie, Country Grammer, Steal The SHow, Batter UP, EI, Never Letum C U Sweat - Nelly
Move Bitch - Ludacris
The WHole Godsmack CD(awake)
Set It Off, Boom - POD
Linkin Park both CDs (Hybrid Theory and Reanimation
Cowboy, Bullgod, American Badass - Kid Rock
nineteen ninety nine, break stuff, just like this, take a look around, boiler - Limp Bizket

Now For the DRE - Still Dre, Whats The Difference, Big Egos, Forgot About Dre, The Next Epidsode, Lryical Gangbang, Nuthin But A G Thang, Lil Ghetto Boy

i have a ton of TAPE cuz no cd player anymore, lol
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

Anyone who knows me knows I love rock and roll.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Especially punk rock. Gimme some Social Distortion any day.[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm into a lotta other rock genres though, Metallica, AC/DC, Alice In Chains, Green Day, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, and tons more. Right now I have two CD's I've been listening too a lot since I got them around Christmas. Sum 41's new CD "Does This Look Infected" and The Donna's "Spend the Night". I like the Sum 41's disc cause it's pretty fast and has some nice work on it. The Donna's disc is sweet because it's a 4 chick band with girls who actually can play and sing, are HOT, and don't whine. Yes, there are no songs on this about cheating boyfriends, how the world sucks, or any other crap like that. Heck, one of the songs is about how the lead singer is annoyed this guy's gf is there, cause she wants to uhhhh............make friends............with him. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] My kinda wimen.[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I do have to admit though, half the time when I'm wheeling I turn the radio off and just listen to the engine. Kinda fun. Not to mention you get to hear all those od noises that worry you.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

Can't really name a best song, but definitely have a worst.

Highway to Hell, Black Sabbath I believe. Everytime that song has ever come on the radio while driving, something bad happened (e.g. something broke or stuck)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

that would be AC/DC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode