anyone into boating?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

anyone into boating??

I have a 25' arriva 454mag with a cabin, i boat on saint clair, by detroit michigan. can hold 6 passengers comfortably. i hang out at muskimo bay and strawberry island, i try to stay away from gull, to much [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] thier, if anyone is interested (evn if ya dont have a boat) i post it before the weekends i go out. I know peacock and pat live somewhat near. my GF likes to boat, but doesnt like the way i drive [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: anyone into boating??

oh yeah im interested....im sure the GF would be too. peacock is up for about anything and his GF is just as cool. sounds like this summer is going to be a good one.

--wait, thats not fair. i volunteer to leave my GF home so Mathias (AJM) can go too!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 03:08 PM

I have been boating for about 15 years. Currently have no boat so I use the parents. We have a dock in Cleveland on Lake Erie near the flats. They currently have a 31' Silverton. Sleeps about 6 comfortably with small kitchen and bath. Can't ski from it though. If anyone is in the area in the summer let me know. I am usually on the boat every weekend.

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

come on guys all we need is a few more boats. then we can all meet in the middle and tie them together for on big ass party. woohoo, then stop in at cedar point
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 07:58 PM

drift boats and jet sleds . anything you can catch a fish out of and go up or down a set of rapids .... ski boats are for sissy's [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] .............O.K .i like to ski too, but like catching fish better .. Von Warner
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 01:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Oh ya, boats are cool. Little true story for all to laugh about. Quite some time back when I was still into the "greener" things in life, a buddy and I took my wifes grandmothers old outboard motored boat out for a little spin so we could puff a little without being around the wife and kids. So we drop the boat off the hoist jump in and fire her up, get about 300 yds out and for some reason I can't get the damn thing to plane out [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Then all at once the little light in my head blinked on, we forgot to put the PLUG in [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I tell my buddy to keep her wide open and hold the sump button while I go back and try to find the plug and jam it in. Turned around went back in, put boat up on hoist and let it drain the water out. Took longer than we were out. Talk about feeling stupid. LMAO. Needless to say all future boating excursions occurd only after I had checked twice to see that the plug was in. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 04:52 AM

LOL .. i think that any one who spends very much time on the water has a similar story about boat plugs. me included [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Von Warner
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

better than coming out of the water at 65mph of a 5' wave? sure as hell not on skis though [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:02 AM

yeah i did the plug thing once too. i was in a boat that i built (16' fiberglass) and forgot the plug as i left mackinac island where i was staying. o nthe trip to the mainland (6 miles) accross the straights of mackinac my main engine failed. i knew what the problem was. i had the wrong sized sheer key in it and it sheered off so i made one out of a lock washer and it had finally failed. well i couldnt get the fly wheel off to fix it. so i opted to set up the back up engine...a little 4 hp outboard that just kidna pushes ya around. broke the pull start on that one so had to paddle 3/4 mile to the harbor. on between main engine failure and the mainland i noticed that my feet were getting wet. i had forgotten the plug and not noticed it since i was up on place the whole time.
everyone with a boat has a story like that.
but back to the topic, hell yeah I"m down with boating this summer. the g/f likes it as well...and we both SCUBA dive if you're into that kinda thing
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

yeah the only bad time i had was when i let this girl i knew take the wheel and she went parrellel to a guys wake so we were "walking" at about 55mph needless to say, i only drive now. sounds cool, i never scubadived, but i allways wanted to try it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode