OK, who's seen Triple X? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

OK, who\'s seen Triple X?

Hello folks,
Well, the wife and I just came from the video store, and there were 50 copies of XXX there with Vin Diesel...and every one of them were rented. So, we opted for a Sly Stone pic. Just wondering if anybody has seen XXX, and can tell me what they think, so I know whether or not to get it next time. If its too cheesy and fake, I don't need to see it. Thanks.
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 09:42 AM
krazykracker

Re: OK, who\'s seen Triple X?

I saw it when it first came out, and I like it. Only a few cheesy parts here an there, but all in all a pretty good action flick.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 12:08 PM

Bought it 2 days ago, I think it's a great movie.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, i liked it too, of course there hase to be some cheese content (no offence to wisconsin folk [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) overall its a good movie. i love the color of that GTO, i heard they smashed up numbers maching GTOs for that movie, what a shame.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks folks,
I guess I'll have to give it a whirl....
Most action movies these days are pretty cheesey anyway..
Guess I should just expect it by now....
Thanks, this satisfies my curiousity.
Rembrant
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:21 AM
Keyboard Implanted

ok so inspired by this post i watched it last night. i thought the movie sucked personally. the cars, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, parachuting, snowboarding, submarines, guns, rockets, flame throwers were all very cool. the action was there but they speed it up at times making it seem faster but it is too noticable. the stunts are really fake too. if you can jump a dirt bike 35 foot in the air off of flat ground, i guess your vin diesel. now getting to vin diesel, no one sent him to acting school because he was at the gym. he has a cheesy punchline after anything he does.....and they are not funny. to the gto....watch closely, the first time you see it, it does look blue, then it seems purple for a while, and the last time you see it, it appears to be maroon. the movie is a action flick and is about as fake as the new bond movie. definetely cooler than maid in manhatten and it gets the job done for action.

i i hate seeing the rich movie people ruin corvettes, snowmobiles, GTO's, and anything else they touch. sorry but the movie left me expecting alot more
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Sparty
I think you just "inspired" me to swerve around it...LOL. Maybe someday when theres nothing else on the shelf. Thanks.

Rembrant
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Mud in my Veins

Personnally I'm avoiding all these latest "Extreme Sports" based movies. Lame concept. Anyone see that one that came out last month and promptly died? Bunch of Extreme Sports "dudes and dudettes" being chased by some Serbian extremists or something. I'm all for killing Commies, but the concept of the movie makes me gag. Jumping off a building, snowboarding down a rock face, whatever, doesn't make you cool or a good actor, it just makes you dumber than the rest of us not willing to do it.

If you wanna be brave, go join the military.[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 09:03 PM
wrobel

my boss saw it. he said it was pretty good even though it's unrealistic. but then again, james bond wasn't the mose realistic either, and everyone likes james bond. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 11:11 PM
mikrosilakhan

Im with sparty. A bunch of us whatched it the other night and it was gay as hell. The stunts were beyond Bond unrealistic and i love bond movies. Like he said, try flat landing a bike from a few stories high... ow. He even cockier than George cloonie the whole movie. The Plots In Naked gun were more inspring. The thing was is it was based completley on people were goin to be awed by the extreme stunts, most of wich were so overdone it was just lame. I dont regret watching it one time, you wont see me whatching it again though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode