NEED HELP WITH SEAT BELT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

NEED HELP WITH SEAT BELT

My wife and I got a dog from the APL 3 months ago. Damn thing was the best dog I knew of. Never a problem, no pissin in the house, no barking, etc. Then this past weekend the dog went crazy. He chewed the table cloth in the kitchen. We alsway take him for a ride and never a problem. This weekend stated to be a problem. He chewed up my wifes leather purse which was in the truck. He also torn up my drivers side seatbelt. Went to put the thing on and saw it was shredded.

The problem is this. I called the dealer and they want $100 for labor. I figure there is only 2 bolts that hold it on. One at the top and one at the bottom. What is invovled in getting the plastic off to get access to the belt housing?

Anyone ever replaced one before?

Thanks for the input.

p.s. The dog might soon become an outdoor arrangement. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 01:20 PM

Re: NEED HELP WITH SEAT BELT

Why kind of rig??
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 09:11 PM

sounds like your dog is rabid [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] you should be able to find a seat belt at the junk yard . most junk yards around here give them away because of the insurance liability involved in selling them ....Von Warner [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

I've got a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS 4 door 4x4. I talked to the local dealer and I guess they have tons of different belts. I need to have the VIN # to get the correct one. It is also $100 and labor is another $100. I say it needs to be a "do it youself" project.

I refuse to put another $200 into the "dog fund".

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 08:26 AM

i dont work in the truck division, but is it one of those adjustable sholder strap ones?? most of the designs are just snap off, if you have to remove a larger panel, they have a different type of clip. use a panel removing tool to do this, cause if you just pull on the edge, you could bust a clip tower
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 08:53 AM

There should be a number at the end of the belt inside the adjuster. That number plus your trim code should get you the right one. GM usually uses torx bolts to hold down the belts. Probably need a T-50 to remove the bolts.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 01:28 PM

Yeah, my seatbelt is held on my a T50 torx up near the shoulder. The clasp (and arm) on the floor is also held on by a T50. I havent had to remove the spool on the floor yet, but its probably just held in by two small bolts
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

I just ordered a new seat belt. Got a deal at $65. I am pikcing it up and going to install either this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode